It's not always easy to juggle school-related responsibilities like homework, college prep, advanced classes and extracurricular activities — not to mention socializing! But with Sylvan's study skills program in the South Bend and Elkhart region, you can help your teen or pre teen prepare for an exciting yet challenging time in his or her life. Our study skills program is specifically aimed at students in grades 4-12 and focuses on "higher order" thinking strategies and techniques, including organization, time management and strategic planning. After all, equipping your child with effective study skills can translate into greater success in the classroom, in college and in future careers. Get in touch with us today to learn more about how our tutoring experts in the South Bend and Elkhart region can help your child fulfill goals and tackle any workload.
A Comprehensive Education
While you might be used to assisting your son or daughter with a math puzzle or an art project, teaching him or her valuable study skills and strategies may be new to you. Using a number of different study strategies and techniques, our tutoring specialists in the South Bend and Elkhart region concentrate on important skills that can be applied in the classroom and beyond: time management, organization, strategic planning, academic planning and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Boosting Skills and Confidence
Getting a good grade on a project or exam is one thing, but there’s much more to success than numbers alone. This is why our study skills tutors in the South Bend and Elkhart region take the bigger picture into account. We have carefully developed our program around preparing your son or daughter for the increasing workloads and growing expectations ahead. This includes diving into proven goal-setting strategies and study techniques that can be applied in a variety of situations.
Our study skills program focuses on techniques for smarter studying, including:
- Time management for effectively managing time and schoolwork.
- Strategic planning for setting short-term and long term-goals.
- Academic planning for mapping out and tracking long-term projects.
- Better organization for tackling coursework, optimizing a personal study area, setting personal expectations and utilizing an academic planner.
- How to use active listening.
- How to identify teacher expectations and priorities.
- Getting to understand college admissions requirements, including the college admission essay.
- Job interviewing techniques and how to write an impactful cover letter and resume.