Attempting to juggle everything from school projects and essays to extracurricular sports and activities — not to mention maintaining a social life — is not an easy task. Fortunately, our study skills program in the South Bend and Elkhart region is here to help your teen or pre-teen take on his or her busy schedule with confidence. Our study skills program is specifically aimed at students in grades 4-12 and focuses on "higher order" thinking strategies and techniques, including organization, time management and strategic planning. These skills can make a lasting impact in the classroom, in college and in future careers. Discover for yourself how our friendly tutors in the South Bend and Elkhart region can help your child accomplish goals and realize his or her potential.
Practical Learning for Real Results
You might be accustomed to assisting your child with a math question or an art project, but equipping him or her with effective study skills and strategies can be a challenge. Using an encompassing array of study strategies and techniques, our talented tutors in the South Bend and Elkhart region zero in on practical skills that can be put to use immediately in school and beyond: time management and organization, academic and strategic planning, and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
What to Expect
Passing a test or exam is one thing, but there’s more to success in school than grades alone. That's why our study skills experts in the South Bend and Elkhart region keep the big picture in mind. Our program aims to ensure your child is ready for the increasing workloads and expectations to come in college. That includes teaching proven goal-setting strategies and study tips that can be used time and again. In addition to these life-long skills, we also continually reinforce positive attitudes, building your teen's confidence at a crucial point in his or her journey to adulthood.
Our study skills program focuses on techniques for smarter studying, including:
- Time management to successfully manage schedules and schoolwork.
- Academic and strategic planning to set concrete short-term and long-term projects and goals.
- Organization to create an orderly study area and better tackle schoolwork.
- Performance management to set personal expectations and use an academic planner.
- Expectation management for successfully identifying teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Understanding and tackling college admissions requirements, including the college essay.
- Job interview preparation techniques, including crafting and effective resume and cover letter, and practicing interview questions.