Attempting to juggle everything from school projects and essays to extracurricular sports and activities — not to mention maintaining a social life — is not an easy task. That’s where Sylvan’s study skills program in the Indianapolis region can make a huge difference: we can help your pre-teen or teen effectively prepare for this exciting yet demanding phase in his or her life. We have carefully designed our study skills program for students in grades 4-12, concentrating on “higher order” thinking skills including academic planning, strategic planning and expectation management These skills can make a lasting impact in the classroom, in college and in future careers. Find out how our tutoring experts in the Indianapolis region can help your son or daughter achieve goals and conquer any workload.
A Practical Approach for Tangible Results
While you may have experience helping your child with a spelling question or math problem, teaching him or her effective study skills and strategies is not always as straightforward. Using a combination of study strategies, tactics and tips, our tutoring experts in the Indianapolis region pay special attention to concrete skills that can be used in the classroom and beyond: how to organize schoolwork, efficiently manage time, set short-term and long-term goals, and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
What We Offer
Getting a good grade on a project or exam is one thing, but there’s much more to success than numbers alone. That’s why our study skills tutors in the Indianapolis region focus on the larger picture. We have specially designed our program to make certain your son or daughter is well prepared for the mounting course loads and expectations to come. That means teaching both short-term and long-term goal-setting techniques as well as study strategies that can be relied on time and again.
Our study skills program focuses on techniques for smarter studying, including:
- Time management for effectively managing time and schoolwork.
- Strategic planning for setting short-term and long term-goals.
- Academic planning for mapping out and tracking long-term projects.
- Better organization for tackling coursework, optimizing a personal study area, setting personal expectations and utilizing an academic planner.
- How to use active listening.
- How to identify teacher expectations and priorities.
- Getting to understand college admissions requirements, including the college admission essay.
- Job interviewing techniques and how to write an impactful cover letter and resume.