Are you on the lookout for a writing tutor in the Chicagoland? From falling behind in writing assignments or needing a little extra practice to cement developing skills to getting ahead to start build a foundation for a successful future, we have skilled tutors who can help your child reach his or her goals.
Targeted Learning for Your Family
To make sure your child is receiving the support that will help him or her develop strong writing skills, Sylvan offers a number of programs. From the basics of sentence structure to tips for writing college application essays, our writing tutors know how to provide your child with essential tools for success — and make sure he or she has a little fun in the process.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
If your child is struggling to meet writing level expectations, our Personalized Tutoring program could be a great option to help him or her improve skills and start acing writing assignments free of frustration. With our Personalized Tutoring program, you can look forward to: Here’s what Personalized Tutoring can provide:
- More proficient, engaging writing skills. Master the writing process — from composition to revision and editing — to build a solid foundation. With these skills, your child will become a better writer and better student overall.
- Results in the classroom. Our writing program was developed to contribute to college and career readiness so the attention is on practical skills.
- Affordable rates. Our hourly rates are comparable to other local tutors, so making sure your family has the best writing help always fits your budget.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
This program is ideal if your child needs added practice to build on skills for writing-related homework assignments and tests. With Academic Coaching, you can look forward to:
- Proactive tutoring support that builds skills needed to keep up in class and complete homework.
- Learning sessions personalized to your child’s needs, from skill practice to homework help and tips for studying for tests.
- Interactive activities that emphasize hands-on learning.
- Expert tutors who use modern teaching methods to make sure difficult concepts make sense (so you don’t have to be the expert!).
- Budget-friendly rates with monthly packages that keep things simple.
Advanced Writing and Test Prep (Grades K-12)
For the student who is motivated to achieve ambitious academic goals, strong writing skills are key. This program is designed to help your child excel in advanced courses and learn the research-based writing skills to complete homework and tests with writing components as well as write college admissions essays. With this program, you can expect the following:
- More confidence to tackle writing-based challenges in the future.
- The composition techniques and research skills that will help your child ace advanced courses.
- Expert guidance for how to craft an engaging college essay that stands out.
- Build on developing skills with extra practice in research-based writing.
- Competitive hourly rates.
Get Started with Sylvan
The Sylvan Insight™ Assessment is the perfect way to pinpoint and target your child's needs, including strengths and skill gaps. Give us a call or fill out or form to get in touch so we can discuss your requirements and how we can help.