Searching for an effective writing tutor in Waterloo? If your child is starting to fall behind in class, could use a little extra help or is interested in getting ahead, our tutors can help him or her get on track towards success.
Specialized Learning That Gets Results
Whether your son or daughter is just starting to learn the basics of sentence structure or he or she could use some guidance for writing the best college application essays, our writing tutors can ensure improvement — and make sure your child has a little fun along the way!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
If grade-level writing tasks are proving to be too challenging for your child, our Personalized Tutoring will focus on the most important skills in order to raise scores — and confidence — when it comes to writing assignments and homework. Here’s what you can expect:
- More confidence in writing ability: Being an engaging and proficient writer is all about understanding the writing process from composing to revising and editing.
- Improved results in class: Our writing program is designed to focus on and encourage skills needed for college and career readiness standards.
- Rates that fit your budget: Our hourly rates are competitive with other tutoring companies and private tutors in the area.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
If your child is looking for extra practice to ensure he or she continues to conquer writing-heavy assignments, this program could be a great fit. Here is what you can look forward to with our Academic Coaching:
- Proactive tutoring to build skills, conquer homework tasks and achieve more in class.
- Tailored tutoring sessions, from test prep to skill practice, depending on your child's unique needs.
- Expert tutors who know how to get concepts to stick using the latest, most effective teaching techniques.
- Competitively priced monthly packages to help keep the best writing tutoring within your budget.
Advanced Writing and Test Prep (K-12)
Writing skills are incredibly important for each and every student on the academic fast track. This program is designed to help your child develop research-based writing skills, excel in advanced courses and hone the ability to write compelling college admissions essays. Here's what sets our program apart:
- Increased confidence for tackling new writing challenges.
- A better understanding of composition techniques as well as stronger research skills needed to ace tough courses.
- Expert advice on writing the most compelling college admissions essay possible.
- Reinforcement of skills with extra practice and hands-on activities.
- Affordable hourly rates.
Start Now and Save
There's still plenty of time to prepare for success in the new school year. By scheduling an Academic Checkup at your local Sylvan, we can take evaluate your child's academic skills in comparison with nationwide norms — and use our findings to identify which areas need to be improved. Success starts now: get started for only $95*!