Trying to find an effective writing tutor in Grayslake? Look no further than the experts at your local Sylvan — whether your child is falling behind in writing abilities, needs extra practice or wants to gain the advanced writing skills to get ahead of the curve.
We Focus on Each Student's Exact Needs
From basic sentence structure to advanced college application techniques, we help each student make real progress — and have tons of fun along the way!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
If your son or daughter is having trouble keeping up with writing assignments, our Personalized Tutoring program in writing can provide guidance for improving writing skills so your child is able to complete assignments and homework at his or her grade level. Here’s what you can look forward to:
- Improved writing ability in class and beyond: Your child will become a more engaging, confident writer by learning the basics of composing, revising and editing essays.
- Success in the classroom: Our writing program is designed to prepare your child for college and career requirements by focusing on skills that he or she will need to achieve goals.
- Budget-friendly rates: Our hourly rates are comparable to other local tutoring companies and private tutors.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
This program is specifically designed for children who need extra support to reach their writing potential and boost their homework and test scores. With Academic Coaching, you can expect:
- Proactive tutoring support to build important writing skills and lay the groundwork for in-class success.
- Tailored sessions that focus on your child's specific needs, from test prep to skill practice and homework help.
- Expert tutors who deploy the latest and most effective teaching methods.
- Affordable monthly packages at very competitive rates.
Advanced Writing and Test Prep (K-12)
For the student on the academic fast track, strong writing skills are a must. This program focuses on research-based writing skills needed for assignments and tests with heavy writing components — as well as college admissions essays. Here’s what you can except from this program:
- Boosted confidence to approach and overcome virtually any type of writing-based challenge.
- Techniques in research and composition to help your child ace every upcoming assignment.
- College essay support to ensure a compelling, persuasive application.
- Skill reinforcement through practice and a variety of research-based writing activities.
- Competitive hourly rates for affordability.
You Can Save More by Starting Today
There's still plenty of time to prepare for success in the new school year. With a Sylvan Academic Checkup, we can take stock of your child's academic skills compared to national norms — and use the results to pick out specific areas for extra attention. Start now for just $95*!