Progressing through school means bigger workloads and tougher assignments, but there is a way to help your child take on these challenges and fulfill his or her potential. Thanks to Sylvan’s study skills programs in Sycamore, your child will develop better time management and test preparation skills, successfully preparing for the challenges that lie ahead. It’s the ideal way to foster positive habits for managing even the most extensive “to do” list.
Relevant and Personalized
No two adolescents have identical learning styles — and that includes how they develop those essential “higher order” thinking skills. Whether they need assistance with exam prep, assignment planning, research methods or improving their active listening skills, we have it covered. At Sylvan, we take each student’s unique learning style into consideration to make sure our sessions are relevant as well as personalized, zeroing in on the most beneficial ways to study, leading to better grades and more confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
We're Here to Make a Difference
So what happens once your son or daughter is registered for our study skills program in Sycamore? Our tutoring experts will teach practical study and organizational skills that can be used in school and throughout life. That includes study tips that reveal how to make assignments and exams less intimidating and more manageable. We also help students foster their newly acquired habits and attitudes, recognizing each milestone reached and every skill mastered.
Our study skills program has it all:
- Strategic and academic planning: How to set goals and track projects in the short-term and long-term.
- Time management: How to use your time more effectively and manage workloads.
- Better organization: How to create a better personal study space and organize schoolwork.
- Planning and performance management: How to make use of an academic planner and track grades.
- Expectation management: How to identify teacher expectations, understand priorities and start using active listening techniques in class.
- Higher education and career preparation: How to successfully navigate the college admissions process, write a compelling cover letter and prepare for a job interview.