As your child gets older, school workloads will grow and assignment difficulty will increase — but it’s possible for your child to confidently take on new challenges. With Sylvan’s study skills programs in Springfield, your child will spend time learning effective time management and test prep strategies and better prepare for the challenges that lie ahead. It’s an excellent way to encourage the best habits for staying on top of even the longest “to do” list.
Tailored to Fit Individual Needs
Different students have different needs when it comes to mastering those critically important "higher order" thinking skills. From exam preparation to advanced research and active listening skills, a number of factors have to be considered in order to maximize all-round academic performance. At Sylvan, we start by evaluating each student’s needs so we’re able to tailor our approach and fill each session with relevant ways to improve grades through better study habits.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
See the Difference We Can Make
Wondering what to expect when you register your son or daughter in one of our study skills programs in Springfield? Our tutoring experts will focus on teaching useful, life-long study skills that can be applied towards greater achievements in class and beyond. That includes tips for managing exam preparation and project planning more effectively. We also help students nurture positive habits, recognizing every skill mastered and every milestone reached.
Our program covers the following:
- Tips for developing better time management and planning habits.
- Test day strategies for managing stress and improving results.
- Efficient note-taking techniques that will make studying and preparing for tests easier.
- Active reading and listening strategies that will increase comprehension and improve presentation skills.
- Learn research best practices, how to choose the right sources and how to write an accurate bibliography.
- Practice and improve written communication skills.
- Help navigating the ins and out of the college admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Beneficial scheduling options that will help you manage your family’s time effectively.