As your child advances through each grade, the difficulty and frequency of assignments is going to increase — but learning how to conquer new challenges with ease is possible. Thanks to Sylvan’s study skills programs in Peoria, your child will develop better time management and test preparation skills, successfully preparing for the challenges that lie ahead. It's a great way to gain the skills needed to balance even the longest "to do" list.
Tailored to Fit Individual Needs
No two students are exactly the same when it comes to learning those all important “higher order” thinking skills. Developing strategies for more effective exam preparation, assignment planning and active listening in the classroom are all essential to long-term success. At Sylvan, we start by evaluating each student’s needs so we’re able to tailor our approach and fill each session with relevant ways to improve grades through better study habits.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
An Immediate and Long-Lasting Difference
So what happens once your son or daughter is registered for our study skills program in Peoria? Our tutoring experts will focus on teaching useful, life-long study skills that can be applied towards greater achievements in class and beyond. That includes sharing study tips that will make assignments, projects and tests much more manageable. We also help students nurture positive habits, recognizing every skill mastered and every milestone reached.
Take a closer look at our study skills program:
- Strategic and academic planning: How to set goals and track projects in the short-term and long-term.
- Time management: How to use your time more effectively and manage workloads.
- Better organization: How to create a better personal study space and organize schoolwork.
- Planning and performance management: How to make use of an academic planner and track grades.
- Expectation management: How to identify teacher expectations, understand priorities and start using active listening techniques in class.
- Higher education and career preparation: How to successfully navigate the college admissions process, write a compelling cover letter and prepare for a job interview.