Want to your to have strong study habits at his or her disposal from a young age? Our Study Skills programs in Oaklawn, Illinois have the power to ensure your son or daughter learns how to tackle increasing workloads from elementary school to college and beyond with ease. If you’ve noticed your child is falling behind or he or she could use some guidance to get ahead, our tutors are available to provide study tips that will ensure progress.
Study Smart from Day One
We combine instruction with plenty of practice and hands-on exercises to test out developing skills to make sure they are becoming good study habits!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
Since no two children are exactly alike, the best approach for encouraging smart study habits and reinforcing positive attitudes and behaviors won’t be the same across the board. That’s where our Personalized Tutoring program can make a difference. Special attention will be paid to the following skill sets:
- Active reading: Better comprehension is an important asset in any subject area.
- Effective note taking strategies: Using tools to make study time more productive, including flash cards and color coding.
- Time management: Higher scores are possible when your child learns how to organize and prioritize his or her workload.
- Research skills: Including how to evaluate sources and write a bibliography.
- Mastering the writing process: Our students are taught to be effective, engaging communicators.
- Online safety: Including learning how to find and assess digital informational, and share it in a responsible fashion.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Study habits, goal setting, digital literacy, time management and more: our tutors know how to help teens develop practical academic skills that can be used well into adulthood. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Sharpen the right skills: You decide the skill areas to focus on — such as note-taking or presentation skills — so we're concentrating on the areas most relevant to your teen.
- Gain more confidence: We encourage positive behaviors and attitudes to help teens gain the confidence to persevere and meet big expectations.
- Develop skills for the future: We can help him or her work on public speaking, goal setting and even job interview preparation.