As your child makes his or her way through school, it's inevitable that the workloads will become more demanding and the assignments will get tougher — but there is a way to prepare for these growing challenges. With our study skills program in Oaklawn, you can help your son or daughter develop better time management skills, learn more effective test preparation methods and lay the groundwork for conquering the challenges that lie ahead. It’s the ideal way to foster positive habits for managing even the most extensive “to do” list.
An Approach Tailored to Your Child
School students have different needs when it comes to honing transferable "higher order" thinking skills. In fact, maximizing academic performance could take a variety of different techniques, such as active listening, assignment planning and exam preparation. That's why we assess each student's needs to help ensure every session is both relevant and personalized, emphasizing the most effective ways to study, achieve better grades and gain confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
See the Difference We Can Make
So what is in store when you register your son or daughter for our study skills program in Oaklawn? You'll learn that our tutors are skilled at teaching effective habits that your child will be able to rely on in the classroom and beyond. That includes advice on how to make test preparation and project planning more manageable. We also recognize every milestone reached, encouraging students to continue fostering their new habits, skills and attitudes.
Take a closer look at our study skills program:
- Tips for developing better planning habits that will improve time management and organization.
- Stronger reading comprehension, active listening and presentation skills.
- Writing and research methods that will improve ability to find accurate sources and write a bibliography.
- Note taking habits that will improve comprehension and make studying more efficient.
- Advice for test preparation and reducing anxiety on test day.
- Strategies for locating, evaluating and sharing digital information responsibly.
- Tips for navigating the college admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Flexible schedule options that allow you to manage your family’s time effectively.