The older your child gets, the more difficult and demanding school assignments are going to become — but that just means he or she will have to develop the skills to conquer every new challenge that comes along. With Sylvan's study skills programs in Mattoon, you can help your child manage his or her time better, prepare for tests more effectively and lay the groundwork for conquering the challenges that lie ahead. It's a great way to gain the skills needed to balance even the longest "to do" list.
A Tailored, Personal Approach
No two adolescents have identical learning styles — and that includes how they develop those essential “higher order” thinking skills. We provide tips for smarter assignment planning and exam preparation as well as effective research strategies and advice on how to improve in-class learning with better active listening skills. At Sylvan, we start by evaluating each student’s needs so we’re able to tailor our approach and fill each session with relevant ways to improve grades through better study habits.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors That Make a Difference
So what can you expect when you register your son or daughter for our study skills program in Mattoon? You'll learn that our tutors are skilled at teaching effective habits that your child will be able to rely on in the classroom and beyond. That includes study tips that reveal how to make assignments and exams less intimidating and more manageable. We also help students nurture positive habits, recognizing every skill mastered and every milestone reached.
Our study skills program has it all:
- Active reading and listening strategies, as well as presentation techniques.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to manage anxiety and take on various types of questions.
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Writing and research tips, including how to assess the suitability of sources and create a bibliography.
- How to use and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the college admissions process.