Progressing through school means bigger workloads and tougher assignments, but there is a way to help your child take on these challenges and fulfill his or her potential. With Sylvan's study skills programs in Hopedale, you can help your child manage his or her time better, prepare for tests more effectively and lay the groundwork for conquering the challenges that lie ahead. It’s the ideal way to foster positive habits for managing even the most extensive “to do” list.
A Customized, Personal Approach
School students have different needs when it comes to honing transferable "higher order" thinking skills. In fact, anything from exam preparation, assignment planning to active listening skills could be needed to maximize all-round academic performance. At Sylvan, we’ll spend time understanding each student’s personal needs and learning style in order to make sure they get the most out of every session, building confidence and better study skills along the way.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
We're Here to Make a Difference
After you've signed your son or daughter up for our study skills program in Hopedale, what can you expect next? Our experienced tutors will be there to help your child develop study skills that will last a lifetime. That includes advice on how to make test preparation and project planning more manageable. We also acknowledge each and every milestone students reach, which helps to ensure they continue using their new-found habits, skills and attitudes.
What does our study skills program cover?
- Active reading and listening strategies, as well as presentation techniques.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to manage anxiety and take on various types of questions.
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Writing and research tips, including how to assess the suitability of sources and create a bibliography.
- How to use and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the college admissions process.