It's never too early to develop strong study habits. The goal of our Study Skills programs in Hinckley is to provide your son or daughter with the tools that will help them tackle growing workloads starting in elementary school all the way to college and beyond. Providing effective study tips is what our tutors do best, so if your child is falling behind or wants to get ahead in class, we’re here to make sure they achieve their goals.
How to Study Smarter
We combine instruction with plenty of practice and hands-on exercises to test out developing skills to make sure they are becoming good study habits!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
The right approach for instilling positive attitudes towards studying and smart study habits depends on each child’s unique needs. That’s where our Personalized Tutoring programs can be of assistance. It covers a diverse array of academic areas, including:
- Research skills: Finding and evaluating relevant sources, and writing an accurate bibliography.
- Effective note taking strategies: From color coding to flash cards, study aids can help material stick.
- Active reading skills: Better reading comprehension will be valuable to your child in every subject.
- Time management: Supplement strong study habits with good prioritization and organizational skills.
- Master the writing process: Encourage your child to become a stronger, more effective writer.
- Online safety: Tips for locating and evaluate relevant sources as well as how to share digital information responsibly.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Teaching your teen digital literacy, smart study habits, goal setting, time management and research and writing skills that he or she will put to good use well into adulthood is what our expert tutors are trained for. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Sharpen the right skills: You determine which skills need more attention — such as time management or research — so we can ensure we're focusing on the right areas for the most noticeable results.
- Feel more confident: The positive behaviors and attitudes we foster are a big step towards building confidence and meeting big expectations.
- Develop vital assets for the future: Sylvan can provide guidance for public speaking, job interview preparation and other important skills for young adults.