As your child advances through each grade, the difficulty and frequency of assignments is going to increase — but learning how to conquer new challenges with ease is possible. Sylvan’s study skills programs in Harvard make teaching solid time management and test prep methods a top priority so your child is better prepared for the challenges that lie ahead. It's a great way to stay on top of even the most demanding "to do" lists.
A Customized, Personal Approach
Different students have different needs when it comes to mastering those critically important "higher order" thinking skills. We offer everything from assistance with exam preparation and assignment planning to research strategies and techniques for developing better active listening skills. At Sylvan, we start by evaluating each student’s needs so we’re able to tailor our approach and fill each session with relevant ways to improve grades through better study habits.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Our Tutors Make a Difference
So what happens next once you've registered your son or daughter for our study skills program in Harvard? Our tutoring experts will focus on teaching useful, life-long study skills that can be applied towards greater achievements in class and beyond. That includes advice on how to make test preparation and project planning more manageable. We also help students foster their newly acquired habits and attitudes, recognizing each milestone reached and every skill mastered.
Our program at a glance:
- Time management advice and smart organizational tips that will help develop better habits.
- Note-taking methods.
- More effective learning skills, including active reading, active listening and improved presentation skills.
- Test preparation and test day strategies offer guidance and help reduce anxiety.
- How to utilize and share digital information wisely.
- Writing and research advice on how to choose the best sources and write an accurate bibliography.
- Tips for understanding the college admissions process and preparing for job interviews.
- Convenient class times so you can manage your family’s time and resources more efficiently.