As your child advances through each grade, the difficulty and frequency of assignments is going to increase — but learning how to conquer new challenges with ease is possible. With Sylvan's study skills programs in Forest Park, you can help your child manage his or her time better, prepare for exams more effectively and lay the groundwork for a successful college application. It’s the perfect way to build an understanding of how to manage even the longest “to do” list. Our study skills program focuses on more than academic best practices — it also builds positive organizational habits that last a lifetime. Our instructors know exactly how to set students in Forest Park up for future success.
An Approach Tailored to Your Child
Every student learns those all important “higher order” thinking skills differently. In fact, a combination of techniques are needed to ensure the best possible academic performance, including advanced research skills, assignment planning and the ability to use active listening in class. At Sylvan, we start by evaluating each student’s needs so we’re able to tailor our approach and fill each session with relevant ways to improve grades through better study habits.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Our Tutors Make a Difference
After you've signed your son or daughter up for our study skills program in Forest Park, what can you expect next? Our tutoring experts will teach practical skills for studying and organizing that can be used in and beyond the classroom. That includes tips for making completing assignments and studying for tests that much easier. We also focus on fostering a positive attitude towards education by making sure to acknowledge every student’s accomplishments on a regular basis.
Take a closer look at our study skills program:
- Tips for developing better planning habits that will improve time management and organization.
- Stronger reading comprehension, active listening and presentation skills.
- Writing and research methods that will improve ability to find accurate sources and write a bibliography.
- Note taking habits that will improve comprehension and make studying more efficient.
- Advice for test preparation and reducing anxiety on test day.
- Strategies for locating, evaluating and sharing digital information responsibly.
- Tips for navigating the college admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Flexible schedule options that allow you to manage your family’s time effectively.