Want to encourage your child to start developing strong study habits as soon as possible? Our Study Skills program in Champaign is the perfect way to support your son or daughter on his or her quest to take on heavier workloads starting from elementary school all the way up to college and beyond. Our tutors are here to provide assistance with study tips whether your child is slipping behind or looking for strategies to get ahead, so he or she is sure to progress.
Study Smart from Day One
With a combination of instruction, independent practice and plenty of opportunities to put developing skills to the test, we can ensure good study habits become a way of life!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
Each and every child has unique learning needs, which means there are multiple ways to instill practical academic behaviors and effective, life-long study skills. Our Personalized Tutoring programs are designed to take that into account. You can expect the following skill sets to be covered:
- Effective note taking strategies: There are many ways to make study time more productive, such as flash cards and color coding.
- Active reading strategies: Strong comprehension skills are important in every subject.
- Research skills: Focusing on a particular subject, we explore how to evaluate sources and create a bibliography.
- Mastering the writing process: We know how to bring out each student's inner writer, transforming them into much more effective communicators.
- Time management: Take the stress out of growing workloads with advanced organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Online safety: We help students learn how to use the internet safely, including how to evaluate and share digital informational responsibly.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Our expert tutors can help your teen gain academic skills that are useful well into adulthood, including goal setting, time management, study habits, research techniques and more. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Sharpen and build on essential skills: You select the skill sets you'd like us to target — such as note taking, time management or presentations skills — so we're paying the most attention to the areas your teen requires extra support.
- Build confidence for conquering every challenge: We encourage positive attitudes and behaviors so your teen is comfortable persevering to meet high expectations.
- Develop skills that will be useful in the future: Sylvan can guide your son or daughter in building essential skills including goal setting, public speaking and job interview prep!