Progressing through school means bigger workloads and tougher assignments, but there is a way to help your child take on these challenges and fulfill his or her potential. With our study skills program in Aurora, you can help your son or daughter develop better time management skills, learn more effective test preparation methods and lay the groundwork for conquering the challenges that lie ahead. It’s the ideal way to foster positive habits for managing even the most extensive “to do” list.
An Approach Tailored to Your Child
Not all students learn those essential “higher order” thinking skills the same way. We provide tips for smarter assignment planning and exam preparation as well as effective research strategies and advice on how to improve in-class learning with better active listening skills. At Sylvan, we assess each student's needs to ensure our sessions are not only relevant but personalized, focusing on the most effective ways to study better, boost grades and gain confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors That Make a Difference
So what happens next once you've registered your son or daughter for our study skills program in Aurora? Our tutoring experts will impart study skills that are not only applicable in school but can also be used throughout life. That includes advice on how to make test preparation and project planning more manageable. We also reinforce positive habits and attitudes, recognizing students for every skill they learn and milestone they reach.
Our study skills program at a glance:
- How to set short-term and long-term goals strategically, and effectively manage time and workloads.
- How to organize schoolwork and create an effective personal study area.
- How to set personal and teacher expectations, and use an academic planner.
- How to navigate college admissions requirements, including the admission essay.
- How to write a resume and cover letter, and prepare for a job interview.