Get ready for big-time fun with Sylvan’s Robotics for Kids courses in Waterloo. Your child will get to grips with critical science and engineering concepts by designing, building and animating a new LEGO® robot every week — it doesn't get much cooler than that! These programs are tailored to ensure kids stay motivated, interested and challenged beyond the classroom. They’re also the ideal preparation for future programmers and engineers who want to get on the path to career success in the 21st century.
Advance Your Child’s Skill Set
Career opportunities in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) are growing, so it's smart to ensure your child gains a 21st century skill set at an early age. Fortunately, we've designed our fun-filled Robotics for Kids courses in Waterloo to empower kids in elementary and middle school to learn computer programming, logic, problem solving and other modern skills. Using intuitive, kid-friendly software, your son or daughter will work with a partner to build and animate an array of cool robots, learning valuable STEM concepts and developing major confidence every step of the way.▼
Kids of all backgrounds have an amazing time in our Robotics for Kids courses: no experience necessary! Parents also get to benefit because we provide them with regular updates throughout. That includes weekly communications that update you on your child's progress, explore the STEM concepts covered that week and preview upcoming projects. Your child will also benefit from using reinforcement tools after each class, allowing him or her to hone the skills he or she built upon in class — and to show off all of his or her incredible successes with you!
Our Robotics Courses Feature:
- A small group setting with no more than 12 students per class, so you can expect your child to receive personal attention
- Exciting, interactive projects that turn learning into a memorable experience
- The camaraderie of partnering with a buddy to develop and animate a new LEGO® robot every week
- Easy-to-use software that’s a blast to tinker with
- STEM curriculum that is devised to equip students with a 21st century skill set
- Ongoing communication, so parents are kept in the loop throughout the duration of the program