Is your child in need of a math tutor in Illinois who can transform a challenging subject into high-fives and greater achievements in class? Could a more personal, engaging approach to learning unlock your child's full potential in the classroom? Look to Sylvan for your choice of three math programs — personal math tutoring, Math Edge and math homework help — that focus on helping students understand key math concepts and acquire the thinking skills essential for lasting success. In addition, we ensure that our programs will have a lasting impact by aligning them with the latest college and career readiness standards. Take the frustration out of math: learn how our math tutors in Illinois can help your child resolve knowledge gaps and start to enjoy learning again.
Enjoy Measurable Improvements
We've learned that making math a more enjoyable and engaging subject is the first step towards better academic results at school. At Sylvan's Illinois locations, you'll find that our math tutoring programs can grow scores by up to three times in comparison to students who have not attended Sylvan.
Choose the Right Math Program for Your Child
Personal Tutoring (Grades 1-12)
- A truly interactive learning environment. We use iPads® as teaching tools, making learning more relevant and interesting. It also allows us to tailor math lessons to your child's particular strengths.
- Our approach to learning is proven to work. Sylvan Insight™ ensures personalized, step-by-step tutoring.
- Instant feedback. Immediate feedback is essential to keep students motivated and engaged.
Skill Practice Programs (Grades 1-6)
- A range of brain-boosting activities. Useful problem-solving skills are at the heart of our teaching, which helps students understand math in new and interesting ways.
- An enjoyable, kid-friendly format. Math speed and proficiency is boosted by our fun-filled activities, motivational rewards system and small class sizes filled with positive team spirit.
- Challenging content. We employ a five-step process and align our math curriculum with nationally-recognized college and career readiness standards.
Homework Help (Grades 1-12)
- As-needed tutoring help. Challenging homework assignment? Big test coming up? Our math tutors can help.
- No more frustration. You don’t have to worry about being your child's math expert: our tutors can turn math frustration into high-fives and make math feel much more rewarding.
- Flexible scheduling. Including evenings and weekends.
Ready to Get Started?
It's never too late to help your child achieve success in the classroom and beyond. When you schedule a detailed Academic Checkup, we'll get to know how your child's academic skills compare to national norms — and pick out specific areas for improvement. Get started today for just $95*.