At one point or another, homework time may become a challenge for your child; rest assured, you can count on Sylvan in Homewood for the expert guidance and support you need. If your son or daughter needs extra practice on a specific assignment, test prep for an upcoming exam, or wants to get ahead, our tutors can help.
Targeted Tutoring in Specific Subjects
Virtually every student encounters homework stress at some point, regardless of subject matter. From reading and writing to advanced math topics, we’ll ensure your child has the focused guidance he or she needs to turn frustration into success.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
Tricky homework assignments create stress, and that stress can have a noticeable effect on the entire household. If your child typically keeps up in class but is struggling with certain homework assignments and grasping new concepts, our tutors can help! We know how to lower frustration levels, focus on comprehension and teach children how to achieve higher scores with their newly acquired tools and techniques (and enjoy homework time much more!) With Academic Coaching, your child will:
- Feel supported with targeted sessions in a variety of topics that focus on his or her unique needs, ensuring that concepts stick.
- Boost comprehension thanks to a deeper level of learning and in-depth skill practice.
- Feel more confident with personalized feedback and recognition for every skill learned or honed.
- Gain the right tools to achieve more success at school, working with homework tutors who are familiar with today's teaching methods.
- Get the best tutoring at a great price thanks to our competitively priced monthly packages.
Advanced Homework Help (Grades 9-12)
Heavy workloads in high school can lead even the smartest of kids to struggle at times. If your teen is feeling frustrated or overwhelmed by the volume of assignments, complex subjects, or unfamiliar teaching methods, turn to Sylvan for Advanced Homework Help. You’ll notice a marked improvement in comprehension, leading the way to less homework frustration and higher scores. Here's what you can expect with this program:
- Greater confidence and better preparation thanks to expert help from our subject specialists.
- Tailored sessions that concentrate on your child's specific needs and academic goals.
- Deeper comprehension and essential skills for long-term success.
- Support on various topics in math, history and other subjects, as well as AP classes.
- Affordable hourly rates.