A reading tutor you can rely on in the St. Louis region could be just the thing you need to assist your child with improving reading skills, building confidence and getting the kind of results that make an impact in the classroom—and beyond. If you’ve noticed your son or daughter is beginning to fall behind, needs extra practice to keep up or is interested in getting ahead of the pack, our tutors can help with a targeted approach that gets results.
Learning Designed to Get Results
Sylvan provides a number of different reading tutoring approaches so your child is sure to get the exact guidance he or she requires to progress. After we determine your child’s current reading level, we’ll be able to recommend the program that will make sure he or she is getting results.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
If your child is struggling to keep up with reading level expectations and needs help to catch up and build confidence, this program can help. Our intensive reading tutoring is designed to help your son or daughter build and master the required skills to get on-par with grade level. You can expect the following from our Personalized Tutoring:
- Success in class and during homework. You’re guaranteed to see progress!
- The attention your child needs. After getting the results of a reading assessment, we can develop a plan to help your child increase fluency and reading comprehension.
- The support to build confidence. Our certified reading tutors will periodically change up your child’s personalized learning plan to keep it challenging—but never frustrating!
- Key skills for success. We align our curriculum with local schools so everything your child is learning can be applied in class.
- Comparable rates. Our prices are competitive with other companies and private tutors in the area so getting the best reading help for your family is always affordable.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
This program is perfect for students who need extra practice with reading-related tasks and assignments, and could also use help staying on track in the classroom. Here is what you’ll get with Academic Coaching:
- Proactive tutoring that will sharpen reading comprehension skills to help your child keep up with homework and get ahead in class.
- Learning sessions that emphasize skill practice, assistance with homework, and prep for tests, all tailored to meet your child’s needs.
- A school-aligned curriculum that makes a big difference in classroom performance.
- Interactive hands-on activities that improve reading skills and your child’s ability to understand different types of material.
- Affordable monthly packages that meet your needs and fit your budget.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (Grades K-12)
This program is ideal if your child is on the fast track and/or could use guidance managing a heavy workload, tackling an assignment with a large reading component or studying for a big test. Give your teen every opportunity to succeed in college-level classes and conquer advanced coursework with Sylvan’s Advanced Reading Skills course. You can expect the following with this program:
- More confidence to tackle big workloads
- More efficient reading skills for completing assignments in advanced classes
- Improved time management skills to complete homework and study for tests that include a large reading component — including the SAT and ACT
- Better scores on homework assignments, tests, and on college entrance exams
- Preparation for the high expectations of college workloads
- Competitive hourly rates
Get Started with an Academic Checkup Today
The Academic Checkup pinpoints your son or daughter’s exact personal strengths and needs, allowing our expert tutors to effectively focus on the right areas for success. Get one today at a Sylvan in your area!