When school is out of session, there are still fun-filled learning experiences to enjoy! Our interactive summer camps in the Rockford region are the perfect way keep your child engaged and motivated throughout the break. No boring drills here!
We combine easy-to-learn technology, fun games and hands-on projects (like programming video games and designing robots) to make sure kids are having a great time. Your child has the option to register for our summer programs with friends or spark new friendships as he or she develops important skills in a collaborative group setting. You’ll be delighted to see your child’s confidence grow!
Cool Camps that are Big on Fun!
Sylvan’s summer camps in the Rockford region make learning an unforgettable experience. This is because we mix effective teaching methods with action-packed projects and games that let your child’s imagination soar while equipping him or her with important competencies!
Whether your son or daughter loves playing with technology or just needs a little extra attention when it comes to math or writing, our summer camps will help your child gear up for the upcoming school year. Our programs feature convenient scheduling options, so it won’t be hard to squeeze impactful learning into your family’s busy schedule.
Enriched Learning With Our Academic Summer Camps:
- Early Reading (PreK-K): It’s time to get your child ready for elementary school! Our Early Reading Edge program uses a kid-friendly mix of engaging lessons and cool games to help your child grasp the essentials of reading.
- Study Skills (Grades 4-12): This program is designed to diminish anxiety and bolster confidence. Our friendly and experienced teachers are ready to equip your son or daughter with key planning, organization and time management skills for better results in school and beyond.
- Fit4Algebra (Grades 6-9): Algebra anxiety be gone! We use a fun and engaging mix of activities to help your child develop the skills he or she needs to conquer tricky algebra concepts to come.
- Writing (Grades 4-9): Your blossoming writer will develop a unique portfolio he or she will be happy to show off. In the process, your child will try his or her hand at a range of writing styles, such as writing movie reviews and crafting web copy.
Our STEM Summer Camps Include:
- Robotics & Sciences (Grades 1-6): Your child will have a blast learning to build, program and animate robots using LEGO® bricks and award-winning software. It’s a really cool way to learn important STEM and problem solving skills—and power up creativity and imagination!
- Engineering (Grades 1-8): Your child will discover the amazing world of machine and bridge design with our cool, theme-based engineering camps. Kids will get to design and construct creations that are based on real-life structure from around the world!