Finding a dependable reading tutor in the Peoria and Bloomington region could go a long way towards making sure your child is developing strong reading skills, gaining confidence and getting results that extend beyond the classroom. If you’ve noticed your child is falling behind, could use extra practice to keep up or is eager to get ahead in class, our tutors can provide the tailored support and guidance he or she needs to achieve more.
Targeted Learning to Get Results
Sylvan offers a range of different approaches to reading tutoring to make sure your child is getting the guidance he or she needs to improve. After pinpointing your child’s current reading level, we’ll suggest the ideal program for his or her unique needs.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
This program is a great fit if your child is struggling to keep up with reading level expectations and needs support catching up and building confidence. Our intensive reading tutoring is designed to provide your son or daughter with guidance in building on skills that are on-par with grade level. You can expect the following from our Personalized Tutoring:
- Success in and out of the classroom. Progress guaranteed!
- The targeted approach your child needs. With our thorough reading assessment, we’ll identify your child’s skill gaps and make sure to focus on improving comprehension and fluency.
- Added confidence and support. Our certified tutors know how to adjust your child’s personalized learning plan to make sure lessons are challenging instead of frustrating.
- The right skills for success. Our local school-aligned curriculum is designed to teach skills that have a direct impact in the classroom.
- Competitive rates. Comparable to private tutors and other tutoring companies, our prices are set to make sure the best reading help for your family is within budget.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
This program is perfect for students who need extra practice with reading-related tasks and assignments, and could also use help staying on track in the classroom. Here’s what you can expect with Academic Coaching:
- Proactive tutoring that will sharpen reading comprehension skills to help your child keep up with homework and get ahead in class.
- Learning sessions that emphasize skills practice, assistance with homework, and prep for tests, all tailored to meet your child’s needs.
- A school-aligned curriculum that makes a big difference in classroom performance.
- Interactive hands-on activities that improve reading skills and your child’s ability to understand different types of material.
- Affordable monthly packages that meet your needs and fit your budget.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (Grades K-12)
This program is ideal if your child is on the fast track and/or could use guidance managing a heavy workload, tackling an assignment with a large reading component or studying for a big test. Give your teen every opportunity to succeed in college-level classes and conquer advanced coursework with Sylvan’s Advanced Reading Skills course. You can look forward to the following with our program:
- More confidence to tackle big workloads
- More efficient reading skills for completing assignments in advanced classes
- Improved time management skills to complete homework and study for tests that include a large reading component — including the SAT and ACT
- Better scores on homework assignments, tests, and on college entrance exams
- Preparation for the high expectations of college workloads
- Competitive hourly rates
Start Today and Save
Get started for only $95 for a limited time. Sylvan Insight™ Assessment is a great way to pinpoint strengths and tailor lessons to target skill gaps. Fill out our form or give us a call today and we'll get in touch to discuss your needs and who we can help.