Do you need a writing tutor in the Paducah, Cape Girardeau and Harrisburg region? If you think your child is struggling to keep from falling behind with writing assignments, would benefit from added practice to stay on track or is eager to start working towards his or her goals and get ahead of the game, our tutors are available to help.
Targeted Learning for Your Family
Sylvan provides a number of programs designed to encourage the development of strong writing skills, so your child can get kind of support he or she needs to advance. From the basics of sentence structure to tips for writing college application essays, our writing tutors know how to provide your child with essential tools for success — and make sure he or she has a little fun in the process.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
If your child is struggling to meet writing level expectations, our Personalized Tutoring program could be a great option to help him or her improve skills and start acing writing assignments free of frustration. With Personalized Tutoring, you can expect: Here’s what Personalized Tutoring can provide:
- Become a more engaging and confident writer. Beginning with the basics of writing like composing, revising and editing essays, we aim to give your child a strong foundation. These skills will empower your son or daughter to become a more proficient writer—and student.
- Bigger, better results in the classroom. Our writing program is set up to align with college and career standards so the emphasis is placed on developing skills that will be useful in the future.
- Affordable prices. Our hourly rates are competitive with local tutoring companies and private tutors so getting quality writing help for your family is always within budget.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
For the child that needs a little more practice to get writing skills up to speed to start acing assignments and tests, this program is a great fit. With Academic Coaching, you can look forward to:
- Proactive tutoring that focus on skill mastery for homework and in-class success.
- Tutoring sessions that are tailored to your child’s requirements with test prep, homework help and skill building.
- Hands-on activities that lay the groundwork for building on skills.
- Expert tutors who are dedicated to using the latest teaching methods to improve understanding of new concepts (so you don’t have to be an expert!).
- Affordable prices with monthly packages that keep things straightforward.
Advanced Writing and Test Prep (Grades K-12)
Well-developed writing skills are essential for the student on the academic fast track. This program is designed to help your child with everything from acing advanced courses and building research-based writing skills to writing a college admissions essay that will stand out. With this program, you can expect the following:
- High confidence in tackling writing assignments and challenges.
- The basics of composition and research skills that will serve your child well in advanced courses.
- Expert support in writing a college admissions essay that gets noticed.
- Strengthen developing skills with hands-on practice in research and writing.
- Budget-friendly hourly rates.
Start Now with an Academic Checkup!
The Academic Checkup identifies your child's academic strengths and needs, so our expert tutors know which areas to focus on for success. Get one now at your nearest Sylvan!