As your child progresses through school, the workloads get bigger and the assignments get tougher — but there is a way to take on these challenges with confidence and ease. Sylvan's study skills program in Honolulu is designed to help students improve their time management, learn how to prepare for exams and start working towards a strong college application. It's a great way to make sure that growing "to do" list doesn't have any negative effects. After all, our study skills program focuses on practical organizational skills as well as proven academic techniques. After all, success at school demands strong organizational habits as well as effective academic skills.
An Approach Tailored to Your Child
No two adolescents have identical learning styles — and that includes how they develop those essential “higher order” thinking skills. Anything from help with exam preparation, assignment planning and research techniques to developing advanced active listening skills for maximizing in-class learning could be required. At Sylvan, adapting to each student’s unique needs is a priority so we’re able to provide relevant and personalized sessions that focus on practical study tips for boosting grades and building confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
An Immediate and Long-Lasting Difference
So what can you expect when you register your son or daughter for our study skills program in Honolulu? Our tutoring experts will teach practical study and organizational skills that can be used in school and throughout life. That includes sharing study tips that will make assignments, projects and tests much more manageable. We also focus on fostering a positive attitude towards education by making sure to acknowledge every student’s accomplishments on a regular basis.
Our program at a glance:
- Time management advice and smart organizational tips that will help develop better habits.
- Note-taking methods.
- More effective learning skills, including active reading, active listening and improved presentation skills.
- Test preparation and test day strategies offer guidance and help reduce anxiety. How to utilize and share digital information wisely.
- Writing and research advice on how to choose the best sources and write an accurate bibliography.
- Tips for understanding the college admissions process and preparing for job interviews.
- Convenient class times so you can manage your family’s time and resources more efficiently.