Make sure your son or daughter is ready for growing school workloads and the future challenges of college with Sylvan’s study skills program in Hawaii. Through our study skills program, kids and teens in grades 4-12 will learn important problem solving, critical thinking and life management skills that will help them organize and manage packed schedules and increasing schoolwork more effectively. You'll see a noticeable difference in your son or daughter's confidence as he or she gains tools and techniques that can be used in school and beyond! We're ready to equip your child for success: simply contact your local Sylvan in Hawaii to get started or to find out more.
A Smart Approach to a Brighter Future
As homework, extracurricular activities and social engagements start to pile up, it's easy to see how busy it is to be a modern student. With college applications to consider as well, it can be a real challenge to stay on top of things. This is where our study skills program — and our tutoring experts — can have a positive effect, helping students take on any project more effectively with practical strategies for planning, managing and prioritizing their schedules and workloads.
Skills for Greater Success in School, from Grade 4 to High School Graduation and Beyond
Success begins with a strong foundation. That’s why we've tailored our study skills program in Hawaii to equip teens with skills and strategies that are not only applicable at school right away, but can also be used at college and, eventually, in a career setting. At Sylvan, we see the bigger picture, which is why we’re dedicated to instilling life-long knowledge that can help your son or daughter thrive personally and academically, both inside and outside the classroom. Find out how we can strengthen your child’s skillset so he or she can handle any challenge.
Your Son or Daughter Will Learn:
- Scheduling and workload management techniques.
- Strategies for achieving goals in both the short term and long term.
- Tips for project planning and tracking.
- Organizational methods for completing homework assignments and establishing an efficient personal study area.
- Performance management skills, such as using an academic calendar and tracking grades.
- Tactics for better communication, including active listening.
- How to ace the all-important college admission essay.
- Job interview preparation, including how to write an effective resume and cover letter.