With increasing school workloads and college challenges on the horizon, now is the time to help your son or daughter prepare with Sylvan’s study skills program in Hawaii. Our program focuses on problem solving, critical thinking and life management skills that kids in grades 4-12 can use to organize their schoolwork and manage their busy schedules more effectively. You'll see a noticeable difference in your son or daughter's confidence as he or she gains tools and techniques that can be used in school and beyond! Help your child get equipped for success: get in touch with your local Sylvan in Hawaii today to get started.
Laying the Groundwork for Future Success
Whether it's extracurricular classes, homework assignments, a part-time job or the demands of a full social life, there’s no doubting that students often have a lot on their plate. And when college applications eventually come about, it can be an even greater challenge to stay on top of everything. That's where our tutoring experts step in, offering a study skills program that focuses on effective planning, managing and prioritizing skills — helping students take on any project and achieve the right results.▼
The Skills to Achieve More in School and Beyond
Greater achievements need a solid foundation. For that reason, Sylvan's study skills program in Hawaii is designed to equip teens with transferable skills and strategies that can be used in the classroom and, after that, at college and in career settings. Because we see the bigger picture, we’re always dedicated to instilling lifelong knowledge that can help your son or daughter thrive personally and academically. Together we can build your child’s skillset (and confidence!) so he or she can take on any challenge.
Your Child Will Learn:
- How to manage workloads and schedules better.
- Strategies for short-term and long-term goal setting.
- Techniques for project planning, tracking and management.
- Organizational methods for effective personal study areas and efficient approaches to homework.
- How to set personal expectations, track grades and make effective use of an academic calendar.
- Active listening skills.
- How to successfully apply for college and write a compelling admission essay.
- Job interview preparation techniques, including how to create a resume that works.