Progressing through school means bigger workloads and tougher assignments, but there is a way to help your child take on these challenges and fulfill his or her potential. Thanks to Sylvan’s study skills programs in Valdosta, your child will develop better time management and exam preparation skills while also getting ready for future college applications. It's a great way to stay on top of even the most demanding "to do" lists. After all, our study skills program focuses on practical organizational skills as well as proven academic techniques. That’s how our experts help prepare students in Valdosta for success in the classroom and beyond.
Tailored to be More Personal
There is no "one-size-fits-all" way to develop important "higher order" thinking skills. From exam preparation to advanced research and active listening skills, a number of factors have to be considered in order to maximize all-round academic performance. At Sylvan, we start by evaluating each student’s needs so we’re able to tailor our approach and fill each session with relevant ways to improve grades through better study habits.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors That Teach the Right Habits
Wondering what to expect when you register your son or daughter in one of our study skills programs in Valdosta? You'll see that our tutors are experts at instilling study habits that will serve your child well in the classroom and beyond. That includes study tips that reveal how to make assignments and exams less intimidating and more manageable. We also help students foster their newly acquired habits and attitudes, recognizing each milestone reached and every skill mastered.
Our program covers the following:
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits to better manage time and responsibilities.
- Active reading strategies, including reading comprehension strategies, as well as active listening strategies and presentation skills.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to tackle different types of questions and manage anxiety.
- Writing and research tips such as learning how to evaluate sources and write a bibliography.
- How to locate, evaluate and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the college admissions process and prepare for job interviews. Convenient scheduling options to make it easier for you to manage your family's time!