Want to ensure your child is developing strong study habits early on? With our Study Skills program in Snellville you can help your son or daughter learn how to take on every academic challenge with ease, from elementary school to college and beyond. Whether your child is falling behind or wants to get ahead, our tutors are here to help with effective study tips that make a difference.
Better Strategies for Studying Smart
By combining instruction with plenty of practice and chances to test developing skills, we can make sure good study habits become ingrained!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
Seeing as every child has specialized needs, instilling helpful habits that emphasize positive behaviors and attitudes towards study habits won’t necessary be one size fits all. But our Personalized Tutoring program is broad, detailed, and customizable. Here are the skill sets you can expect to be covered:
- Time management: Focusing on organizing and prioritizing, we can take the stress out of any academic workload.
- Active reading strategies: See the benefits in all subject areas when your child develops better comprehension skills.
- Effective note taking strategies: Get more from study time with the smart use of flash cards, color coding and other techniques.
- Research skills: Evaluating sources in specific subjects and learning how to craft a bibliography.
- Mastering the writing process: We explore how to strengthen writing skills and communicate more effectively.
- Online safety: We can't overstate the importance of staying safe online! These sessions focus on locating, evaluating and sharing digital informational responsibly.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Our tutors are experts at teaching your teen strong research, writing and study skill as well as digital literacy, time management and goal setting — all of which will come in handy well into adulthood. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Sharpen the right skills: You determine which skills need more attention — such as time management or research — so we can ensure we're focusing on the right areas for the most noticeable results.
- Feel more confident: The positive behaviors and attitudes we foster are a big step towards building confidence and meeting big expectations.
- Develop vital assets for the future: Sylvan can provide guidance for public speaking, job interview preparation and other important skills for young adults.