It's never too early to develop strong study habits. Our Study Skills programs in Savannah empower students to handle the demands of increasing academic workloads from elementary school to college and beyond. If you’ve noticed your child is falling behind or he or she could use some guidance to get ahead, our tutors are available to provide study tips that will ensure progress.
Better Strategies for Studying Smart
We mix one-on-one instruction with independent tasks (and lots of opportunities to put developing skills to the test) in order to ensure that good study habits become second nature!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
The right approach for instilling positive attitudes towards studying and smart study habits depends on each child’s unique needs. That’s where our Personalized Tutoring program can make a difference. Special attention will be paid to the following skill sets:
- Reading comprehension: Active reading is a useful skill across all subjects
- Time management: Better prioritization and organization skills can add to study skills.
- Research skills: How to focus on a single subject, judge sources and write a proper bibliography.
- Note taking tips: Using color coding and flash cards as aids can help make study time more effective.
- Mastering writing skills: With practice, your child will understand the writing process and how to use it effectively.
- Online safety: How to locate, evaluate and responsibly share digital information.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Teaching your teen digital literacy, smart study habits, goal setting, time management and research and writing skills that he or she will put to good use well into adulthood is what our expert tutors are trained for. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Build on and sharpen required skills: Whether you want us to focus on note taking, presentation skills or time management, we'll make sure to target the areas your teen needs extra help.
- Improve confidence for meeting challenges head on: We make sure to foster positive attitudes towards studying so your child feels capable of meeting big expectations.
- Develop competencies that will be essential moving forward: Sylvan can help with the development of important skills like job interview prep, presenting and goal setting.