Do you want your child to start building smart study habits now? Our Study Skills programs in Augusta can help educate your son or daughter on how to manage increasing workloads from elementary, high school and college to the workforce. If your child is starting to fall behind or is looking for ways to get ahead, our tutors can provide valuable study tips that will encourage growth.
Studying Smarter with Instant Results
By combining instruction with plenty of practice and chances to test developing skills, we can make sure good study habits become ingrained!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
We know that every child has unique needs, which means there's no "one size fits all" way to instill practical study skills and reinforce positive behaviors. But our Personalized Tutoring program is broad, detailed, and customizable. The following skill sets are covered:
- Active reading: Nurturing strong comprehension skills will be helpful across all subjects.
- Time management: Efficient study skills rely on the ability organize and prioritize work.
- Note taking strategies: Utilizing tools such as flash cards and color coding can make studying more efficient.
- Research: How to evaluate sources, find relevant information and write a bibliography.
- Understanding the writing process: Through practice, your child will become a more engaging writer.
- Online safety: Finding, evaluating and sharing digital information in a responsible way.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Our expert tutors know that teaching your teen things like smart study habits, good time management, how to set goals, digital literacy and strong research and writing skills are essential for success well into adulthood. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Sharpen the right skills: You determine which skills need more attention — such as time management or research — so we can ensure we're focusing on the right areas for the most noticeable results.
- Feel more confident: The positive behaviors and attitudes we foster are a big step towards building confidence and meeting big expectations.
- Develop vital assets for the future: Sylvan can provide guidance for public speaking, job interview preparation and other important skills for young adults.