Developing strong study habits early on is essential if you want your child to succeed. Our Study Skills programs in Augusta empower students to handle the demands of increasing academic workloads from elementary school to college and beyond. Our tutors are here to provide assistance with study tips whether your child is slipping behind or looking for strategies to get ahead, so he or she is sure to progress.
Learning How to Study More Effectively
The growing demands of kids and teens face at school call for well-developed study habits. From instruction to lots of independent practice and chances to put new skills to work, we can solidify habits into a way of life!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
There's no such thing as a "one-size-fits-all" way to instill positive academic behavior and instill life-long study skills — after all, every child has unique needs. Luckily, our Personalized Tutoring programs take that into consideration. You can except the following skill sets to be covered:
- Reading comprehension: Active reading is a useful skill across all subjects
- Time management: Better prioritization and organization skills can add to study skills.
- Research skills: How to focus on a single subject, judge sources and write a proper bibliography.
- Note taking tips: Using color coding and flash cards as aids can help make study time more effective.
- Mastering writing skills: With practice, your child will understand the writing process and how to use it effectively.
- Online safety: How to locate, evaluate and responsibly share digital information.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Our expert tutors are dedicated to teaching your teen strong study habits, digital literacy, goal setting, time management an and research and writing skills — all of which will be with him or her well into college and beyond. Our proven methods help teens find their motivation and study smarter as they work towards fulfilling their academic potential. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Feel more confident: We teach positive behaviors and attitudes — not just academic skills — to help teens approach new challenges with unshakeable confidence.
- Build the right skills: Choose which areas need attention — such as time management or presentation skills — to ensure we're making the biggest possible difference for your young learner.
- Make immediate gains: Your teen will have lots of opportunities to apply his or her new skills to real-world assignments and tests.
- Acquire life-long assets: High school is the immediate priority, of course, but you want to see your teen succeed through college and beyond, too. We're also here to provide important career preparation, including job interview techniques and even public speaking!