Want to encourage your child to start developing strong study habits as soon as possible? With our Study Skills programs in Augusta are designed to help students achieve their academic potential and manage an increasingly demanding academic workload from elementary school to college and beyond. If your child is starting to fall behind or is looking for ways to get ahead, our tutors can provide valuable study tips that will encourage growth.
Extra Support for Studying Smart
We mix one-on-one instruction with independent tasks (and lots of opportunities to put developing skills to the test) in order to ensure that good study habits become second nature!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
We know that every child has unique needs, which means there's no "one size fits all" way to instill practical study skills and reinforce positive behaviors. That's why our Personalized Tutoring program is designed to be comprehensive. It covers a diverse array of academic areas, including:
- Research skills: Finding and evaluating relevant sources, and writing an accurate bibliography.
- Effective note taking strategies: From color coding to flash cards, study aids can help material stick.
- Active reading skills: Better reading comprehension will be valuable to your child in every subject.
- Time management: Supplement strong study habits with good prioritization and organizational skills.
- Master the writing process: Encourage your child to become a stronger, more effective writer.
- Online safety: Tips for locating and evaluate relevant sources as well as how to share digital information responsibly.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Study habits, goal setting, digital literacy, time management and more: our tutors know how to help teens develop practical academic skills that can be used well into adulthood. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Sharpen and build on essential skills: You select the skill sets you'd like us to target — such as note taking, time management or presentations skills — so we're paying the most attention to the areas your teen requires extra support.
- Build confidence for conquering every challenge: We encourage positive attitudes and behaviors so your teen is comfortable persevering to meet high expectations.
- Develop skills that will be useful in the future: Sylvan can guide your son or daughter in building essential skills including goal setting, public speaking and job interview prep!