Want to ensure your child is developing strong study habits early on? With our Study Skills programs in Wesley Chapel are designed to help students achieve their academic potential and manage an increasingly demanding academic workload from elementary school to college and beyond. Whether your child is falling behind or wants to get ahead, our tutors are here to help with effective study tips that make a difference.
Extra Support for Studying Smart
We combine instruction with plenty of practice and hands-on exercises to test out developing skills to make sure they are becoming good study habits!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
The right approach for instilling positive attitudes towards studying and smart study habits depends on each child’s unique needs. That's why our Personalized Tutoring program is designed to be comprehensive. Here are the skill sets you can expect to be covered:
- Time management: Your child will learn how to organize and prioritize, developing more efficient study skills along the way.
- Active reading strategies: Developing better comprehension skills will help your child across all subjects.
- Effective note taking strategies: Using tools like flash cards and color coding can make studying more effective.
- Research skills: Focusing on a particular subject including evaluating sources and writing a bibliography.
- Mastering the writing process: With practice, your child will become a stronger, more engaging writer.
- Online safety: Including learning how to locate, evaluate and share digital informational responsibly.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Study habits, goal setting, digital literacy, time management and more: our tutors know how to help teens develop practical academic skills that can be used well into adulthood. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Build on and sharpen the right skills: You choose the skill areas you want us to focus on — such as time management, effective note-taking or presentation skills — so we’re honing in on the areas your teen needs the most guidance.
- Feel more confident tackling new challenges: We encourage positive behaviors and attitudes so your teen develops confidence and perseverance to conquer big expectations.
- Develop skills that will come in handy in the future: Sylvan can help your son or daughter work on essential skills like public speaking, goal setting and even job interview preparation!