Workloads grow and assignments get tougher as your child progresses through school, but there is a way to successfully take on these challenges. With our study skills program in Ponte Vedra Beach, you can help your child get ahead of the game when it comes to time management, exam preparation and even college applications. It's a great way to gain the skills needed to balance even the longest "to do" list. In fact, our study skills program doesn't only focus on academic techniques: it builds great all-round organizational habits that last a lifetime. That's how we make sure children and teens in Ponte Vedra Beach and beyond are well prepared to succeed.
A Personalized Approach
No two students are exactly the same when it comes to learning those all important “higher order” thinking skills. We offer everything from assistance with exam preparation and assignment planning to research strategies and techniques for developing better active listening skills. At Sylvan, we’ll spend time understanding each student’s personal needs and learning style in order to make sure they get the most out of every session, building confidence and better study skills along the way.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
An Immediate and Long-Lasting Difference
Wondering what you can look forward to once you've registered your child for our study skills program in Ponte Vedra Beach? Our tutoring experts will teach practical skills for studying and organizing that can be used in and beyond the classroom. That includes study tips that reveal how to make assignments and exams less intimidating and more manageable. We also work on encouraging a positive attitude and acknowledging students for every goal and milestone reached.
Our study skills program offers:
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits to better manage time and responsibilities.
- Active reading strategies, including reading comprehension strategies, as well as active listening strategies and presentation skills.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to tackle different types of questions and manage anxiety.
- Writing and research tips such as learning how to evaluate sources and write a bibliography.
- How to locate, evaluate and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the college admissions process and prepare for job interviews. Convenient scheduling options to make it easier for you to manage your family's time!