Developing strong study habits early on is essential if you want your child to succeed. Our Study Skills programs in Pensacola are designed to help your son or daughter learn the tools to conquer growing workloads starting in elementary school and beyond. If you’ve noticed your child is falling behind or he or she could use some guidance to get ahead, our tutors are available to provide study tips that will ensure progress.
How to Study Smarter
By combining independent activities with personal instruction — and lots of chances to practice new skills — we ensure that good study habits quickly become second nature.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
Each and every child has unique learning needs, which means there are multiple ways to instill practical academic behaviors and effective, life-long study skills. That's why our Personalized Tutoring program is designed to be comprehensive. Special attention will be paid to the following skill sets:
- Effective note taking: Aids like color coding and flash cards can help make studying more effective.
- Research best practices: From evaluating sources to writing a proper bibliography.
- Time management: Organizing and prioritizing are the keys to efficient study habits.
- Mastering the writing process: With practice, your child will learn how to become a stronger writer.
- Active reading: Better comprehension skills will improve your child's scores across all subjects.
- Online safety: How to choose reliable sources and share digital information responsibly.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Teaching your teen digital literacy, smart study habits, goal setting, time management and research and writing skills that he or she will put to good use well into adulthood is what our expert tutors are trained for. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Sharpen and build on essential skills: You select the skill sets you'd like us to target — such as note taking, time management or presentations skills — so we're paying the most attention to the areas your teen requires extra support.
- Build confidence for conquering every challenge: We encourage positive attitudes and behaviors so your teen is comfortable persevering to meet high expectations.
- Develop skills that will be useful in the future: Sylvan can guide your son or daughter in building essential skills including goal setting, public speaking and job interview prep!