Want your child to get a head start on important study habits? The goal of our Study Skills programs in Orange Park is to provide your son or daughter with the tools that will help them tackle growing workloads starting in elementary school all the way to college and beyond. If your child is starting to fall behind or is looking for ways to get ahead, our tutors can provide valuable study tips that will encourage growth.
Extra Support for Studying Smart
Sound study habits are the perfect antidote for the growing demands kids and teens face at school. We mix one-on-one instruction with independent tasks (and lots of opportunities to put developing skills to the test) in order to ensure that effective habits become second nature!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
We know that every child has unique needs, which means there's no "one size fits all" way to instill practical study skills and reinforce positive behaviors. But our Personalized Tutoring program is broad, detailed, and customizable. You can expect the following skill sets to be covered:
- Effective note taking: Aids like color coding and flash cards can help make studying more effective.
- Research best practices: From evaluating sources to writing a proper bibliography.
- Time management: Organizing and prioritizing are the keys to efficient study habits.
- Mastering the writing process: With practice, your child will learn how to become a stronger writer.
- Active reading: Better comprehension skills will improve your child's scores across all subjects.
- Online safety: How to choose reliable sources and share digital information responsibly.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
From study habits to digital literacy, goal setting, communication and research skills, our expert tutors help teens develop academic tools and techniques that are invaluable well into adulthood. Motivation and inspiration are the keys to making sure your teen strives to meet—and exceed his or her potential. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Feel more confident: We teach positive behaviors and attitudes — not just academic skills — to help teens approach new challenges with unshakeable confidence.
- Build the right skills: Choose which areas need attention — such as time management or presentation skills — to ensure we're making the biggest possible difference for your young learner.
- Make immediate gains: Your teen will have lots of opportunities to apply his or her new skills to real-world assignments and tests.
- Acquire life-long assets: High school is the immediate priority, of course, but you want to see your teen succeed through college and beyond, too. We're also here to provide important career preparation, including job interview techniques and even public speaking!