Looking to make sure your child is fostering good study habits early on? Our Study Skills programs in Melbourne empower students to handle the demands of increasing academic workloads from elementary school to college and beyond. Whether your child has started to fall behind in class or has the ambition to get ahead, our study tips and techniques are proven to make a big difference.
Smart Study Techniques
By combining instruction with plenty of practice and chances to test developing skills, we can make sure good study habits become ingrained!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
Because every child has individual needs, there's no one-size-fits-all method to instill life-long study skills and facilitate positive academic behaviors and attitudes. Our Personalized Tutoring programs are designed to take that into account. It covers a diverse array of academic areas, including:
- Effective note taking strategies: There are many ways to make study time more productive, such as flash cards and color coding.
- Active reading strategies: Strong comprehension skills are important in every subject.
- Research skills: Focusing on a particular subject, we explore how to evaluate sources and create a bibliography.
- Mastering the writing process: We know how to bring out each student's inner writer, transforming them into much more effective communicators.
- Time management: Take the stress out of growing workloads with advanced organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Online safety: We help students learn how to use the internet safely, including how to evaluate and share digital informational responsibly.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Study habits, goal setting, digital literacy, time management and more: our tutors know how to help teens develop practical academic skills that can be used well into adulthood. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Focus on the most relevant areas: You choose the skill areas — such as time management or presentation skills — so we can focus on them and make the biggest difference.
- Be more confident when tackling new challenges: We foster positive behaviors so your teen can feel good about overcoming big academic challenges.
- Develop future-ready skills: We help teens work on fundamental skills like public speaking, goal setting and even job interview preparation.