Developing strong study habits early on is essential if you want your child to succeed. Our Study Skills programs in Melbourne, Florida have the power to ensure your son or daughter learns how to tackle increasing workloads from elementary school to college and beyond with ease. Providing effective study tips is what our tutors do best, so if your child is falling behind or wants to get ahead in class, we’re here to make sure they achieve their goals.
Smart Study Techniques
The changing demands kids and teens face at school call for a foundation of strong study skills. At Sylvan, instruction is supplemented with lots of opportunity for hands-on practice to test out new skills and guarantee lifelong habits are being formed!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
We know that every child has unique needs, which means there's no "one size fits all" way to instill practical study skills and reinforce positive behaviors. That’s where our Personalized Tutoring program can make a difference. You can except the following skill sets to be covered:
- Active reading: Better comprehension is an important asset in any subject area.
- Effective note taking strategies: Using tools to make study time more productive, including flash cards and color coding.
- Time management: Higher scores are possible when your child learns how to organize and prioritize his or her workload.
- Research skills: Including how to evaluate sources and write a bibliography.
- Mastering the writing process: Our students are taught to be effective, engaging communicators.
- Online safety: Including learning how to find and assess digital informational, and share it in a responsible fashion.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Our expert tutors know that teaching your teen things like smart study habits, good time management, how to set goals, digital literacy and strong research and writing skills are essential for success well into adulthood. We empower ambitious teen to sharpen their approach as they work towards their academic potential. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Focus on the most relevant areas: You choose the skill areas — such as time management or presentation skills — so we can focus on them and make the biggest difference.
- Apply new skills in the real world: We give students lots of opportunities to apply their new knowledge and techniques to actual schoolwork. This encourages the development of lifelong habits.
- Be more confident when tackling new challenges: We foster positive behaviors so your teen can feel good about overcoming big academic challenges.
- Develop future-ready skills: We help teens achieve more in the here and now, but also prepare them to succeed long-term. That can include public speaking, goal setting and even job interview preparation.