The older your child gets, the more difficult and demanding school assignments are going to become — but that just means he or she will have to develop the skills to conquer every new challenge that comes along. Thanks to Sylvan’s study skills programs in Brandon, your child will develop better time management and exam preparation skills while also getting ready for future college applications. It's a great way to stay on top of even the most demanding "to do" lists. In addition to focusing on effective techniques for academic success, our study skills program also gives students foundation of organizational skills they can take out into the real world. That's how our study skills experts are helping Brandon students get on the path to success in the classroom and beyond.
A Customized, Personal Approach
When it comes to strengthening those all-important "higher order" thinking skills, different students have different needs. Whether they need assistance with exam prep, assignment planning, research methods or improving their active listening skills, we have it covered. At Sylvan, we start by evaluating each student’s needs so we’re able to tailor our approach and fill each session with relevant ways to improve grades through better study habits.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Our Tutors Can Help Make a Difference
So what should your expectations be when you register your child for our study skills program in Brandon? You'll learn that our tutors are skilled at teaching effective habits that your child will be able to rely on in the classroom and beyond. That includes revealing methods to take the intimidation factor out of assignments, projects and tests. We also recognize every milestone reached, encouraging students to continue fostering their new habits, skills and attitudes.
Our program covers the following:
- Tips for developing better planning habits that will improve time management and organization.
- Stronger reading comprehension, active listening and presentation skills.
- Writing and research methods that will improve ability to find accurate sources and write a bibliography.
- Note taking habits that will improve comprehension and make studying more efficient.
- Advice for test preparation and reducing anxiety on test day.
- Strategies for locating, evaluating and sharing digital information responsibly.
- Tips for navigating the college admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Flexible schedule options that allow you to manage your family’s time effectively.