Sylvan’s study skills program in Florida can help ensure your son or daughter is fully prepared for increasing school workloads and the forthcoming challenges of college. Through our program, kids in grades 4-12 can develop practical life management, critical thinking and problem solving skills, enabling them to manage their schoolwork and schedules more effectively. There's no doubt about it: your child's confidence will soar as he or she learns lifelong tools and techniques that can be applied in the classroom and beyond! There’s no better time than now to equip your child for success: contact your local Sylvan in Florida now to get started.
Start Now, Succeed Tomorrow
Whether it's extracurricular classes, homework assignments, a part-time job or the demands of a full social life, there’s no doubting that students often have a lot on their plate. And when college applications eventually come about, it can be an even greater challenge to stay on top of everything. That's where our tutoring experts step in, offering a study skills program that focuses on effective planning, managing and prioritizing skills — helping students take on any project and achieve the right results.
The Skills to Achieve More in School and Beyond
Success begins with a strong foundation. With our study skills program in Florida, students can develop important skills and strategies that are relevant in the classroom immediately, and can also be applied in college and career settings later on. In other words, we always consider the bigger picture, and our goal is to impart lifelong knowledge that can go a long way to ensuring your son or daughter's personal and academic success. We’re ready to build your child’s skillset so he or she can take on any challenge with confidence.
Your Son or Daughter Will Learn:
- Scheduling and workload management techniques.
- Strategies for achieving goals in both the short term and long term.
- Tips for project planning and tracking.
- Organizational methods for completing homework assignments and establishing an efficient personal study area.
- Performance management skills, such as using an academic calendar and tracking grades.
- Tactics for better communication, including active listening.
- How to ace the all-important college admission essay.
- Job interview preparation, including how to write an effective resume and cover letter.