Help ensure your son or daughter is prepared for the growing workloads of school and the upcoming challenges of college with Sylvan’s study skills program in Florida. Our program, which is tailored for kids and teens in grades 4-12, focuses on the kind of life management, critical thinking and problem solving skills needed to manage schoolwork and organize busy schedules more effectively. There's no doubt about it: your child's confidence will soar as he or she learns lifelong tools and techniques that can be applied in the classroom and beyond! It's time to equip your child for success: get started today by contacting your local Sylvan in Florida.
A Successful Future Starts Now
With the extra burden of homework, advanced classes, part-time jobs and a host of extracurricular activities, it's easy to see how much modern students have to fit in to their schedules. Add college applications to the mix and it can be extremely difficult to stay on top of things. But our study skills program is designed to have a big impact: our tutoring experts help students develop valuable strategies in order to more effectively plan, manage and prioritize their schedules and workloads.▼
The Skills to Achieve More in School and Beyond
A solid foundation is crucial for success. That’s why we've tailored our study skills program in Florida to equip teens with skills and strategies that are not only applicable at school right away, but can also be used at college and, eventually, in a career setting. In other words, we always consider the bigger picture, and our goal is to impart lifelong knowledge that can go a long way to ensuring your son or daughter's personal and academic success. Together we can build your child’s skillset (and confidence!) so he or she can take on any challenge.
Here's What Your Child Will Learn:
- How to manage time and workloads more efficiently.
- Strategies for setting short-term and long-term goals.
- Techniques for planning and tracking long term projects.
- Organizational methods for setting up an effective personal study area and tackling homework.
- Planning and performance management skills, including how to use an academic calendar, track grades and set personal expectations.
- Tactics for expectation management, including developing skills in active listening and identifying teacher expectations.
- How to navigate college admissions requirements, including the all-important college admission essay.
- Job interview preparation tips and tricks, including learning how to write an impactful resume and cover letter, and how to ace a job interview.