It's not always easy to juggle school-related responsibilities like homework, college prep, advanced classes and extracurricular activities — not to mention socializing! But with Sylvan's study skills program in the Tampa, St. Petersburg and Sarasota region, you can help your teen or pre teen prepare for an exciting yet challenging time in his or her life. Aimed at students in grades 4-12, our study skills program revolves around “higher order” thinking skills and strategies including academic planning, organization, active listening and resume preparation. After all, equipping your child with effective study skills can translate into greater success in the classroom, in college and in future careers. Discover for yourself the many ways in which our knowledgeable tutors in the Tampa, St. Petersburg and Sarasota region can help set your child on the path to success.
Our Comprehensive Approach
While you might be used to assisting your son or daughter with a math puzzle or an art project, teaching him or her valuable study skills and strategies may be new to you. Using a number of different study strategies and techniques, our tutoring specialists in the Tampa, St. Petersburg and Sarasota region concentrate on important skills that can be applied in the classroom and beyond: time management, organization, strategic planning, academic planning and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
What We Offer
Getting a passing grade on a test or exam is one thing, but academic achievement is much more than numbers alone. This is why our study skills tutors in the Tampa, St. Petersburg and Sarasota region take a look at the larger picture. Our program is devised to ensure your child is well prepared and properly equipped for the mounting workloads and expectations ahead. This involves teaching strategies for setting goals and equipping students with study tips that can be used over and over again.
Through our study skills program, your child will learn effective strategies including:
- Time management for effectively managing time and schoolwork.
- Strategic planning for setting short-term and long term-goals.
- Academic planning for mapping out and tracking long-term projects.
- Better organization for tackling coursework, optimizing a personal study area, setting personal expectations and utilizing an academic planner.
- How to use active listening.
- How to identify teacher expectations and priorities.
- Getting to understand college admissions requirements, including the college admission essay.
- Job interviewing techniques and how to write an impactful cover letter and resume.