Balancing homework, essays and projects with after school activities and part-time jobs — not to mention social events — can be quite the challenge. However, with Sylvan’s study skills program in the Tampa, St. Petersburg and Sarasota region, you can provide the guidance and preparation your teen or pre-teen needs to successfully prepare for this exciting yet turbulent time in his or her life. We've specifically designed our study skills program for students in grades 4-12, focusing on "higher order" thinking skills and strategies such as time management, academic planning and interview preparation. These skills will not only help set your child on the path to success in high school and college, but they can also carry forward into his or her personal and professional life. Contact us today to discover how our knowledgeable tutors in the Tampa, St. Petersburg and Sarasota region can help your child realize his or goals and take on increasing workloads with confidence.
Our Unique Approach
While you may be familiar with helping your child with a spelling question or a science fair project, equipping him or her with effective study skills and techniques may not come as easy. Rest assured our skilled tutors in the Tampa, St. Petersburg and Sarasota region use a range of study strategies to equip your child with practical skills that can be applied in school, in college and beyond: organizational tactics, time management techniques, academic planning tips and more.▼
Boosting Skills and Confidence
Getting a good grade on a project or exam is one thing, but there’s much more to success than numbers alone. This is the reason our study skills tutors in the Tampa, St. Petersburg and Sarasota region consider the bigger picture. Our program aims to ensure your child is ready for the increasing workloads and expectations to come in college. This includes diving into proven goal-setting strategies and study techniques that can be applied in a variety of situations.
With our study skills program, your child will learn strategies including:
- Time management for effectively managing time and schoolwork.
- Strategic planning for setting short-term and long term-goals.
- Academic planning for mapping out and tracking long-term projects.
- Better organization for tackling coursework, optimizing a personal study area, setting personal expectations and utilizing an academic planner.
- How to use active listening.
- How to identify teacher expectations and priorities.
- Getting to understand college admissions requirements, including the college admission essay.
- Job interviewing techniques and how to write an impactful cover letter and resume.