Balancing homework, essays and projects with after school activities and part-time jobs — not to mention social events — can be quite the challenge. Help ensure your teen or pre-teen is prepared to handle his or her increasingly hectic schedule with Sylvan’s study skills program in the Tampa, St. Petersburg and Sarasota region. We've specifically designed our study skills program for students in grades 4-12, focusing on "higher order" thinking skills and strategies such as time management, academic planning and interview preparation. Equipping your child with these skills can help make a big impact not only in school and college, but also in future careers. Find out how our tutoring experts in the Tampa, St. Petersburg and Sarasota region can help your son or daughter achieve goals and conquer any workload.
A Comprehensive Education
While you might be used to assisting your son or daughter with a math puzzle or an art project, teaching him or her valuable study skills and strategies may be new to you. Using a number of different study strategies and techniques, our tutoring specialists in the Tampa, St. Petersburg and Sarasota region concentrate on important skills that can be applied in the classroom and beyond: time management, organization, strategic planning, academic planning and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Boosting Skills and Confidence
Getting a passing grade on a test or exam is one thing, but academic achievement is much more than numbers alone. That’s why our study skills tutors in the Tampa, St. Petersburg and Sarasota region focus on the larger picture. Our program has been developed to focus on successfully preparing your son or daughter for the heavier workloads and expectations ahead. This involves teaching strategies for setting goals and equipping students with study tips that can be used over and over again.
With our study skills program, your child will learn strategies including:
- Time management for tackling workloads in an efficient manner.
- Academic and strategic planning for setting short-term and long-term projects and goals.
- Organizational habits for setting up a personal study area, organizing schoolwork, setting personal expectations and using an academic planner.
- Expectation management for pinpointing teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Preparation for college, including navigating admissions and essay requirements.
- Writing an impactful resume and cover letter, and interviewing for a job.