It's not always easy to juggle school-related responsibilities like homework, college prep, advanced classes and extracurricular activities — not to mention socializing! Help ensure your teen or pre-teen is prepared to handle his or her increasingly hectic schedule with Sylvan’s study skills program in the Fort Myers and Naples region. Specially developed for students in grades 4-12, our study skills program focuses on equipping students with important critical thinking skills and valuable time management, organization and strategic planning abilities. These skills can make a lasting impact in the classroom, in college and in future careers. Contact us today to discover how our knowledgeable tutors in the Fort Myers and Naples region can help your child realize his or goals and take on increasing workloads with confidence.
Our Unique Approach
You might be accustomed to assisting your child with a math question or an art project, but equipping him or her with effective study skills and strategies can be a challenge. Using an encompassing array of study strategies and techniques, our talented tutors in the Fort Myers and Naples region zero in on practical skills that can be put to use immediately in school and beyond: time management and organization, academic and strategic planning, and more.▼
Here's What You Can Expect
There’s much more to achieving academic success than receiving a good grade on an assignment or an exam. This is the reason our study skills tutors in the Fort Myers and Naples region consider the bigger picture. We have carefully developed our program around preparing your son or daughter for the increasing workloads and growing expectations ahead. This involves teaching effective study strategies and goal-setting techniques that can be put to work time and again.
Through our study skills program, your child will learn effective strategies including:
- Efficient and effective time and workload management.
- Strategic and academic planning for successfully setting and achieving short-term and long-term goals and projects.
- Organizational abilities for organizing schoolwork, setting up a personal study area, setting personal expectations and making the most of an academic planner.
- How to identify teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Understanding college admissions requirements and how to tackle the college admission essay.
- Job interview preparation, including writing an effective resume and cover letter.