Juggling academic responsibilities like schoolwork, essays, college prep and after school activities — not to mention a social life — can certainly be challenging! However, Sylvan’s study skills program in the Fort Myers and Naples region can help ensure your teen is well-equipped for this thrilling yet turbulent period in his or her life. Aimed at students in grades 4-12, our study skills program revolves around “higher order” thinking skills and strategies including academic planning, organization, active listening and resume preparation. Equipping your child with these skills can help make a big impact not only in school and college, but also in future careers. Get to know how our expert tutors in the Fort Myers and Naples region can help your son or daughter accomplish goals and take on any workload confidently.
A Practical Approach for Tangible Results
While you might be used to assisting your son or daughter with a math puzzle or an art project, teaching him or her valuable study skills and strategies may be new to you. Using a number of different study strategies and techniques, our tutoring specialists in the Fort Myers and Naples region concentrate on important skills that can be applied in the classroom and beyond: time management, organization, strategic planning, academic planning and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Boosting Skills and Confidence
There’s much more to achieving academic success than receiving a good grade on an assignment or an exam. This is the reason our study skills tutors in the Fort Myers and Naples region consider the bigger picture. Our program aims to ensure your child is ready for the increasing workloads and expectations to come in college. This means teaching invaluable goal-setting strategies and study techniques that can be applied over and over again.
Our study skills program teaches strategies for smart studying, including:
- Time management to successfully manage schedules and schoolwork.
- Academic and strategic planning to set concrete short-term and long-term projects and goals.
- Organization to create an orderly study area and better tackle schoolwork.
- Performance management to set personal expectations and use an academic planner.
- Expectation management for successfully identifying teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Understanding and tackling college admissions requirements, including the college essay.
- Job interview preparation techniques, including crafting and effective resume and cover letter, and practicing interview questions.