As your child gets older, school workloads will grow and assignment difficulty will increase — but it’s possible for your child to confidently take on new challenges. Sylvan's study skills program in Newington is designed to help students improve their time management, learn how to prepare for exams and start working towards a strong college application. It's a great way to stay on top of even the most demanding "to do" lists. Our study skills program focuses on more than academic best practices — it also builds positive organizational habits that last a lifetime. After all, success at school demands strong organizational habits as well as effective academic skills.
Tailored to Fit Individual Needs
There is no "one-size-fits-all" way to develop important "higher order" thinking skills. Anything from help with exam preparation, assignment planning and research techniques to developing advanced active listening skills for maximizing in-class learning could be required. That's why our sessions are tailored to be personal and relevant, equipping students with the tools they need to be effective, confident learners.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
See the Difference We Can Make
So what should your expectations be when you register your child for our study skills program in Newington? Our tutoring experts will impart study skills that are not only applicable in school but can also be used throughout life. They will also provide useful tips for improving test preparation as well as assignment and project planning. Our number one focus is nurturing a positive attitude and sustainable habits, making sure to take the time to recognize every student’s progress.
Our study skills program includes:
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits to better manage time and responsibilities.
- Active reading strategies, including reading comprehension strategies, as well as active listening strategies and presentation skills.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to tackle different types of questions and manage anxiety.
- Writing and research tips such as learning how to evaluate sources and write a bibliography.
- How to locate, evaluate and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the college admissions process and prepare for job interviews. Convenient scheduling options to make it easier for you to manage your family's time!