Make sure your son or daughter is ready for growing school workloads and the future challenges of college with Sylvan’s study skills program in Connecticut. Our program, which is specifically designed for students in grades 4-12, teaches valuable problem solving, critical thinking and life management skills that help kids more effectively manage their time and organize their schoolwork. You'll see a noticeable difference in your son or daughter's confidence as he or she gains tools and techniques that can be used in school and beyond! There’s no better time than now to equip your child for success: contact your local Sylvan in Connecticut now to get started.
Prepare for a Bright Future Ahead
As homework, extracurricular activities and social engagements start to pile up, it's easy to see how busy it is to be a modern student. With college applications to consider as well, it can be a real challenge to stay on top of things. This is where our study skills program — and our tutoring experts — can have a positive effect, helping students take on any project more effectively with practical strategies for planning, managing and prioritizing their schedules and workloads.▼
The Tools to Succeed from Grade 4 to High School Graduation and Beyond
Success starts with a solid foundation. So our study skills program in Connecticut is all about the kind of transferable skills and strategies that can be applied immediately in the classroom — as well as in college and professional settings later on. At Sylvan, we see the bigger picture, which is why we’re dedicated to instilling life-long knowledge that can help your son or daughter thrive personally and academically, both inside and outside the classroom. Find out how we can strengthen your child’s skillset so he or she can handle any challenge.
Your Child Will Learn:
- How to manage time and workloads more effectively.
- Proven strategies for short-term and long-term target setting.
- Techniques for planning and managing large projects.
- Organizational methods for efficient homework routines and how to set up a personal study area.
- Performance management and planning skills, from tracking grades to using an academic calendar.
- How to communicate more effectively, including tactics like active listening.
- How to put together a winning college application.
- Job interview preparation tactics, including expert tips for writing a compelling cover letter.