Looking to make sure your child is fostering good study habits early on? With our Study Skills programs in Parker are designed to help students achieve their academic potential and manage an increasingly demanding academic workload from elementary school to college and beyond. Whether your child is falling behind or wants to get ahead, our tutors are here to help with effective study tips that make a difference.
Study Smart from Day One
Developing strong study habits is essential for kids and teens who are facing increasing workloads at school. At Sylvan, instruction is supplemented with lots of opportunity for hands-on practice to test out new skills and guarantee lifelong habits are being formed!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
There's no such thing as a "one-size-fits-all" way to instill positive academic behavior and instill life-long study skills — after all, every child has unique needs. That's why our Personalized Tutoring program takes a comprehensive approach. The following skill sets will be covered:
- Time management: Your child will learn to organize and prioritize much more effectively.
- Active reading strategies: Stronger comprehension is an important asset across all subjects.
- Effective note taking: Flash cards, color coding and other techniques make time spent studying more productive.
- Research skills: Learning how to assess sources and write a bibliography, focusing on particular subjects.
- Mastering the writing process: In time, your son or daughter will become an effective, engaging writer.
- Online safety: Including how to locate and evaluate information, and share digital assets responsibly.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Our expert tutors know that teaching your teen things like smart study habits, good time management, how to set goals, digital literacy and strong research and writing skills are essential for success well into adulthood. Our tutors have the ability to inspire your teen to work hard to not only meet, but exceed, expectations. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Sharpen the right skills: You decide the skill areas to focus on — such as note-taking or presentation skills — so we're concentrating on the areas most relevant to your teen.
- Apply the skills in the real world: Out students enjoy plenty of opportunities to apply their new strategies to projects and big tests.
- Gain more confidence: We encourage positive behaviors and attitudes to help teens gain the confidence to persevere and meet big expectations.
- Develop skills for the future: It's understandable — you want to see your teen succeed through college and beyond. We can help him or her work on public speaking, goal setting and even job interview preparation.