With Sylvan’s study skills program in Colorado, you can help your son or daughter prepare for increasing school workloads and the future challenges that come with college life. Our program focuses on problem solving, critical thinking and life management skills that kids in grades 4-12 can use to organize their schoolwork and manage their busy schedules more effectively. You'll see a noticeable confidence boost as your child gets to grips with life-long tools and techniques that can be used at school at beyond! There’s no better time than now to equip your child for success: contact your local Sylvan in Colorado now to get started.
A Smart Approach to a Brighter Future
With the extra burden of homework, advanced classes, part-time jobs and a host of extracurricular activities, it's easy to see how much modern students have to fit in to their schedules. Add college applications to the mix and it can be extremely difficult to stay on top of things. But our study skills program is designed to have a big impact: our tutoring experts help students develop valuable strategies in order to more effectively plan, manage and prioritize their schedules and workloads.
The Skills to Achieve More in School and Beyond
Greater achievements need a solid foundation. That’s why we've tailored our study skills program in Colorado to equip teens with skills and strategies that are not only applicable at school right away, but can also be used at college and, eventually, in a career setting. In other words, we always consider the bigger picture, and our goal is to impart lifelong knowledge that can go a long way to ensuring your son or daughter's personal and academic success. Learn how we can help your child push his or her skillset (and confidence!) to the next level.
Your Child in Grade 4-12 Will Learn:
- Scheduling and workload management techniques.
- Strategies for achieving goals in both the short term and long term.
- Tips for project planning and tracking.
- Organizational methods for completing homework assignments and establishing an efficient personal study area.
- Performance management skills, such as using an academic calendar and tracking grades.
- Tactics for better communication, including active listening.
- How to ace the all-important college admission essay.
- Job interview preparation, including how to write an effective resume and cover letter.