With Sylvan’s study skills program in Colorado, you can help your son or daughter prepare for increasing school workloads and the future challenges that come with college life. Our program focuses on problem solving, critical thinking and life management skills that kids in grades 4-12 can use to organize their schoolwork and manage their busy schedules more effectively. As your child develops life-long skills that he or she can put to use in school and beyond, his or her confidence will soar! We're ready to equip your child for success: simply contact your local Sylvan in Colorado to get started or to find out more.
A Successful Future Starts Now
Whether it's extracurricular classes, homework assignments, a part-time job or the demands of a full social life, there’s no doubting that students often have a lot on their plate. And when college applications eventually come about, it can be an even greater challenge to stay on top of everything. That's where our tutoring experts step in, offering a study skills program that focuses on effective planning, managing and prioritizing skills — helping students take on any project and achieve the right results.▼
The Skills to Achieve More in School and Beyond
A solid foundation leads to success. That’s why we've tailored our study skills program in Colorado to equip teens with skills and strategies that are not only applicable at school right away, but can also be used at college and, eventually, in a career setting. We always take the bigger picture into consideration, so our goal is to instill lifelong knowledge for personal and academic success. We’re here to enhance your child’s skillset so he or she can meet any challenge with confidence.
Here's What Your Child Will Learn:
- How to manage time and workloads more effectively.
- Proven strategies for short-term and long-term target setting.
- Techniques for planning and managing large projects.
- Organizational methods for efficient homework routines and how to set up a personal study area.
- Performance management and planning skills, from tracking grades to using an academic calendar.
- How to communicate more effectively, including tactics like active listening.
- How to put together a winning college application.
- Job interview preparation tactics, including expert tips for writing a compelling cover letter.