Do you need a writing tutor in Woodland Hills? Whether your child is showing signs of falling behind, needs some extra practice to reinforce concepts or wants to get ahead and become an exceptional writer and communicator, our tutors can help.
Tailored Learning That Suits Your Family's Needs
From the basics of proper sentence structure to support writing college application essays, our writing tutors will make sure your child progresses—and has fun along the way!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
If your child is struggling to keep up with writing assignments, or Personalized Tutoring might be just what he or she needs to develop the skills — and confidence — to conquer writing homework and tests. Here’s what you can look forward to:
- More confidence in writing ability: Being an engaging and proficient writer is all about understanding the writing process from composing to revising and editing.
- Improved results in class: Our writing program is designed to focus on and encourage skills needed for college and career readiness standards.
- Rates that fit your budget: Our hourly rates are competitive with other tutoring companies and private tutors in the area.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
This program is beneficial for students who are looking for extra practice to improve writing skills and keep up with grade level expectations. This is what Academic Coaching provides:
- Proactive tutoring support to build important writing skills and lay the groundwork for in-class success.
- Tailored sessions that focus on your child's specific needs, from test prep to skill practice and homework help.
- Expert tutors who deploy the latest and most effective teaching methods.
- Affordable monthly packages at very competitive rates.
Advanced Writing and Test Prep (K-12)
For the student on the academic fast track, strong writing skills are a must. This program is designed specifically to teach your child the required skills — such as research-based writing skills — to excel in advanced courses and write strong college admissions essays. Here's exactly what you can expect:
- Gain the confidence to conquer writing-based challenges moving forward
- Learn the effective composition techniques and research skills needed to ace advanced courses
- Expert guidance for crafting a compelling college essay that stands out
- Build on newly acquired skills with valuable practice in research-based writing
- Competitive hourly rates
Get Started Today with an Academic Checkup
There's still plenty of time to prepare for success in the new school year. When you book an Academic Checkup at your local Sylvan, we will compare your child's academic skills to nationwide norms — and use our findings to pinpoint areas for improvement. Get one now at a Sylvan in your area!