The older your child gets, the more difficult and demanding school assignments are going to become — but that just means he or she will have to develop the skills to conquer every new challenge that comes along. Thanks to Sylvan’s study skills programs in Westlake Village, your child will develop better time management and test preparation skills, successfully preparing for the challenges that lie ahead. It's a great way to make sure that growing "to do" list doesn't have any negative effects.
Relevant and Personalized
Not all adolescents have the same needs when it comes to developing those all-important "higher order" thinking skills. In fact, a combination of techniques are needed to ensure the best possible academic performance, including advanced research skills, assignment planning and the ability to use active listening in class. At Sylvan, we’ll spend time understanding each student’s personal needs and learning style in order to make sure they get the most out of every session, building confidence and better study skills along the way.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Our Tutors Make a Difference
So what happens next once you've registered your son or daughter for our study skills program in Westlake Village? You'll see that our tutors are experts at instilling study habits that will serve your child well in the classroom and beyond. That includes tips for managing exam preparation and project planning more effectively. We also reinforce positive habits and attitudes, recognizing students for every skill they learn and milestone they reach.
Our study skills program at a glance:
- Time management advice and smart organizational tips that will help develop better habits.
- Note-taking methods.
- More effective learning skills, including active reading, active listening and improved presentation skills.
- Test preparation and test day strategies offer guidance and help reduce anxiety.
- How to utilize and share digital information wisely.
- Writing and research advice on how to choose the best sources and write an accurate bibliography.
- Tips for understanding the college admissions process and preparing for job interviews.
- Convenient class times so you can manage your family’s time and resources more efficiently.