Want to your to have strong study habits at his or her disposal from a young age? With our Study Skills program in West Covina you can help your son or daughter learn how to take on every academic challenge with ease, from elementary school to college and beyond. Whether your child is falling behind or wants to get ahead, our tutors are here to help with effective study tips that make a difference.
Better Strategies for Studying Smart
When kids and teens face growing demands kids at school, it's critical to have well-developed study habits. By combining independent activities with personal instruction — and lots of chances to practice new skills — we ensure that good study habits quickly become second nature.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
There's no such thing as a "one-size-fits-all" way to instill positive academic behavior and instill life-long study skills — after all, every child has unique needs. That’s where our Personalized Tutoring programs can be of assistance. You can except the following skill sets to be covered:
- Research skills: Finding and evaluating relevant sources, and writing an accurate bibliography.
- Effective note taking strategies: From color coding to flash cards, study aids can help material stick.
- Active reading skills: Better reading comprehension will be valuable to your child in every subject.
- Time management: Supplement strong study habits with good prioritization and organizational skills.
- Master the writing process: Encourage your child to become a stronger, more effective writer.
- Online safety: Tips for locating and evaluate relevant sources as well as how to share digital information responsibly.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Study habits, goal setting, digital literacy, time management and more: our tutors know how to help teens develop practical academic skills that can be used well into adulthood. We work hard to empower teens, inspiring them to study smarter and make better progress towards their full academic potential. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Increase confidence for taking on new challenges: In addition to teaching practical skills, we'll encourage positive attitudes towards studying so your teen understands how to persevere through tough challenges.
- Develop and build on important skills: The skill areas we focus on is up to you. We'll target time management, note taking or presentation skills — whatever your child needs!
- Consistently put developing skills to use: We make sure to provide your teen with plenty of chances to put newly-learned skills to the test. This encourages the development of habits and reinforces challenging concepts.
- Improve on skills that will be important in the future: From high school graduation and beyond, you want to see your teen continue to succeed. Sylvan is here to teach lifelong skills for presentations, goal setting and job interview preparation.