The older your child gets, the more difficult and demanding school assignments are going to become — but that just means he or she will have to develop the skills to conquer every new challenge that comes along. Register your child for Sylvan's study skills program in Temecula and we'll help him or her manage time better, prepare for exams effectively and even start laying the groundwork for a great college application. It’s the perfect way to build an understanding of how to manage even the longest “to do” list. But our study skills program doesn’t just encourage academic success — it also improves organizational habits that students will put to good use outside of the classroom. That's how we make sure children and teens in Temecula and beyond are well prepared to succeed.
Our Personal Learning Experience
Not all adolescents have the same needs when it comes to developing those all-important "higher order" thinking skills. In fact, maximizing academic performance could take a variety of different techniques, such as active listening, assignment planning and exam preparation. At Sylvan, we start by evaluating each student’s needs so we’re able to tailor our approach and fill each session with relevant ways to improve grades through better study habits.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
An Immediate and Long-Lasting Difference
Register your child in one of our study skills programs in Temecula and you can expect nothing but positive changes. Our tutors will be there to encourage positive study and concentration skills that will last a lifetime. That includes sharing study tips that will make assignments, projects and tests much more manageable. We also reinforce positive habits and attitudes, recognizing students for every skill they learn and milestone they reach.
What your child will take away from our study skills program:
- Active reading and listening strategies, as well as presentation techniques.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to manage anxiety and take on various types of questions.
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Writing and research tips, including how to assess the suitability of sources and create a bibliography.
- How to use and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the college admissions process.