As your child progresses through his or her school career, you can expect the workloads to get bigger and the assignments to get tougher — but there is a way to successfully prepare for these challenges. Sylvan’s study skills programs in Sherman Oaks make teaching solid time management and exam prep methods a top priority so your child is better prepared for upcoming college applications. It’s the perfect way to build an understanding of how to manage even the longest “to do” list. After all, success at school demands strong organizational habits as well as effective academic skills. That's how our experts tee up Sherman Oaks students for real success at school — and beyond.
A Tailored, Personal Approach
Every student learns those all important “higher order” thinking skills differently. Developing strategies for more effective exam preparation, assignment planning and active listening in the classroom are all essential to long-term success. At Sylvan, we take each student’s unique learning style into consideration to make sure our sessions are relevant as well as personalized, zeroing in on the most beneficial ways to study, leading to better grades and more confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors You Can Count On
So what is in store when you register your son or daughter for our study skills program in Sherman Oaks? Our tutoring experts will focus on teaching useful, life-long study skills that can be applied towards greater achievements in class and beyond. That includes tips for making completing assignments and studying for tests that much easier. We also help students foster their newly acquired habits and attitudes, recognizing each milestone reached and every skill mastered.
Our study skills program includes:
- Strategic and academic planning: How to set goals and track projects in the short-term and long-term.
- Time management: How to use your time more effectively and manage workloads.
- Better organization: How to create a better personal study space and organize schoolwork.
- Planning and performance management: How to make use of an academic planner and track grades.
- Expectation management: How to identify teacher expectations, understand priorities and start using active listening techniques in class.
- Higher education and career preparation: How to successfully navigate the college admissions process, write a compelling cover letter and prepare for a job interview.