Looking to make sure your child is fostering good study habits early on? Our Study Skills programs in Piedmont can help educate your son or daughter on how to manage increasing workloads from elementary, high school and college to the workforce. Whether your child is falling behind or wants to get ahead, our tutors are here to help with effective study tips that make a difference.
Smart Study Techniques
By combining independent activities with personal instruction — and lots of chances to practice new skills — we ensure that good study habits quickly become second nature.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
When every child has specific needs, instilling positive attitudes and study habits can’t be a matter of one size fits all. Luckily, our Personalized Tutoring programs take that into consideration. It covers a diverse array of academic areas, including:
- Active reading: Better comprehension is an important asset in any subject area.
- Effective note taking strategies: Using tools to make study time more productive, including flash cards and color coding.
- Time management: Higher scores are possible when your child learns how to organize and prioritize his or her workload.
- Research skills: Including how to evaluate sources and write a bibliography.
- Mastering the writing process: Our students are taught to be effective, engaging communicators.
- Online safety: Including learning how to find and assess digital informational, and share it in a responsible fashion.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Our expert tutors can help your teen gain academic skills that are useful well into adulthood, including goal setting, time management, study habits, research techniques and more. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Focus on the most relevant areas: You choose the skill areas — such as time management or presentation skills — so we can focus on them and make the biggest difference.
- Be more confident when tackling new challenges: We foster positive behaviors so your teen can feel good about overcoming big academic challenges.
- Develop future-ready skills: We help teens work on fundamental skills like public speaking, goal setting and even job interview preparation.