Want your child to get a head start on important study habits? Our Study Skills programs in Northridge can help educate your son or daughter on how to manage increasing workloads from elementary, high school and college to the workforce. If you’ve noticed your child is falling behind or he or she could use some guidance to get ahead, our tutors are available to provide study tips that will ensure progress.
Studying Smarter with Instant Results
We combine instruction with plenty of practice and hands-on exercises to test out developing skills to make sure they are becoming good study habits!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
We know that every child has unique needs, which means there's no "one size fits all" way to instill practical study skills and reinforce positive behaviors. That’s where our Personalized Tutoring program comes in. You can expect the following skill sets to be covered:
- Active reading: Better comprehension is an important asset in any subject area.
- Effective note taking strategies: Using tools to make study time more productive, including flash cards and color coding.
- Time management: Higher scores are possible when your child learns how to organize and prioritize his or her workload.
- Research skills: Including how to evaluate sources and write a bibliography.
- Mastering the writing process: Our students are taught to be effective, engaging communicators.
- Online safety: Including learning how to find and assess digital informational, and share it in a responsible fashion.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Our expert tutors know that teaching your teen things like smart study habits, good time management, how to set goals, digital literacy and strong research and writing skills are essential for success well into adulthood. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Sharpen the right skills: You decide the skill areas to focus on — such as note-taking or presentation skills — so we're concentrating on the areas most relevant to your teen.
- Gain more confidence: We encourage positive behaviors and attitudes to help teens gain the confidence to persevere and meet big expectations.
- Develop skills for the future: We can help him or her work on public speaking, goal setting and even job interview preparation.