As your child advances through each grade, the difficulty and frequency of assignments is going to increase — but learning how to conquer new challenges with ease is possible. With Sylvan's study skills programs in Mission Viejo, you can help your child manage his or her time better, prepare for tests more effectively and lay the groundwork for conquering the challenges that lie ahead. It's a great way to stay on top of even the most demanding "to do" lists.
Tailored to be More Personal
No two adolescents have identical learning styles — and that includes how they develop those essential “higher order” thinking skills. In fact, a combination of techniques are needed to ensure the best possible academic performance, including advanced research skills, assignment planning and the ability to use active listening in class. That's why we personalize our sessions to make sure each student has the support and guidance to study more effectively, boost grades and gain more confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Our Tutors Make a Difference
Register your child in one of our study skills programs in Mission Viejo and you can expect nothing but positive changes. Our tutoring experts will teach practical skills for studying and organizing that can be used in and beyond the classroom. That includes sharing techniques that are proven to make exams, projects, assignments and other schoolwork more manageable. We also help students foster their newly acquired habits and attitudes, recognizing each milestone reached and every skill mastered.
What does our study skills program cover?
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits to better manage time and responsibilities.
- Active reading strategies, including reading comprehension strategies, as well as active listening strategies and presentation skills.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to tackle different types of questions and manage anxiety.
- Writing and research tips such as learning how to evaluate sources and write a bibliography.
- How to locate, evaluate and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the college admissions process and prepare for job interviews. Convenient scheduling options to make it easier for you to manage your family's time!